Drivers seat doesn’t always work moving forward or backwards

JusTheWrench

Hey everyone

maybe someone can help us. Last year I replaced the power seat forward and backward motor because it completely stopped working. It was making grumbling noises until it finally said no more. The seat was working fine with the new motor until a month ago. When the seat does move it moves fee and sounds healthy. The seat doesn’t always move forward when the truck is started and when I try to manually push the button to move the seat I just hear a click. What I’ve also seen happen when the seat won’t move is the memory buttons on the door don’t light up when pressed. But this happens intermittently. It could work fine for a few days straight or work in the morning and not at night…just random. Ive Searched the web for help and haven’t seen any info that has helped. Any help is appreciated.

I don't know the R51, but I'd start by downloading the '11 service manual from Nicoclub and looking for a wiring diagram to see how that system is set up. Sounds like the motor is okay, but something in the controls is acting up. Maybe a loose connection, or a bad solder joint? Intermittent issues are always fun to track down. Good luck!