Has anyone had cooper tyres ?

jumper

Not that model, but have used several sets of Coopers. Never any problems with them, and they are a great value. The Discoverer H/T is a very quiet street tire. Put a set of Cobra's on my old 240SX. Good grip, much less expensive than other options. Didn't last long, but nothing did... Must have been my wife's driving. :P

I had a set of 285/75/16 on my 94 GMC, they were awesome, never had any problems with them.

Have a set of cooper discovery snow tires on my pathy right now, wouldn't mind a non-studded set :-)

Hey Jumper, what are you paying for the Cooper STT'S??

How do they compare price wise to the MTR??

I like the look of the STT's, slighly more aggresive than the MTR, but with more side wall tread than the BFG.

Being a Cooper tyre i would have thought it would be pretty pricey.

I can get the MTR's for $300.

hey db

coopers stt would cost me $345 from two local shops

bfg muds $345-355 seems to be the local cost

mtrs $320 online quote froms tonys tyres good for any of there shops. same price from others.

the stt seem to be a little more aggresive than the mtr !

i was getting 5 goodyear mt/r plus 4 wheels from tonys tyres $1900 =/-

but the guy i was dealing with has a very lazy way of doing things tells me that the tyres and wheels will both be in overnight and he would phone but didnt so i did he said tyres not in the country for 4 weeks then said he would get a price on the bfg muds. i asked if the wheels were there he said no !!! but he would order them if he had time!!! after 10 days of ducking me about

he had till 5.30pm today to return my call but he didnt. so i am going somewhere else

Doesn't that just drive ya nuts!!!!

Bet ya he wasn't reallty all that helpfull with the whole deal as well.

I really wonder about those Coopers. They are supposed to be a really good hard wearing 40 to 50,000K tire.

Seriously, in my mind at least, this is how i would be thinking about it.

BFG, most aggressive.

STT, As good as the MTR at least, but not quite as aggressive as the BFG

MTR, Perhaps slighly less aggressive, but a total of $115 cheaper than the other two over all.

One thing i will say about the BFG is that they have a very very straight stiff side wall, and they are hard to make bag, unless you run extremely low pressures and tubes.

I still have my mind set on the MTR.

• 1 month later...