HELP

my doors lock, but when i close the door, i cant reopen them with the key. i have to climb through that tiny little glass window in the back to get in, so i just dont lock the doors which isn't good because i got a cd player and cb radio, and etc etc. is their suppose to be a 2nd key just for doors, or are mine just screwed? :blink:

Does your key turn the lock cylinder?

If so, the linkage inside the door is broken. Pull the door panel off and see what's up.

If not, try getting a duplicate key made. It could possibly work using your key as a template because the edges and points will be a little sharper on the new one and could move the tumblers correctly.

If that doesn't work, a lot of stereo shops will install an alarm with keyless entry for around $100-$150 which might be cheaper than getting three new lock cylinders, plus you get an alarm and keyless entry.

Good luck.

Hey, my key does turn, it just doesn't unlock. i had an idea this was the problem. the same thing happened with my passenger door on my taurus. and you took the words right out of my mouth, i would love to get a automatic doors. i might just do that. thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

:o The dreaded yellow doohickey strikes again! Inside the door is a connector that ties all of your handles/door locks together. It's an incredibly cheap piece of cheesy yellow plastic with a white/clear plastic spacer that slides in it. Make sure you don't loose the spacer ~ it's required to keep enough tension on the split yellow part to hold it in place.

You can pick one up at the stealer for a couple of bucks. Be forewarned that it's a pain in the a$$ to get back in, but more than likely it's what's causing your unlocking nightmare. WAVEY

In all the years of owning my Pathy, that damnable yellow piece of isht in both the doors has been more trouble than the rest of the rig combined. I've replaced the driver's side one I think, 3 times ~ the passenger side only once, more than likely wore it out when I refused to replace the left side. "What the hey, I can just reach through"... :shrug:

They are a bear to get back in, more than likely Nissan has some fancy $800. tool that makes it a piece of cake. A long pair of needle nose helps, and you'll have to take the retaining tab off of your door lock so you can drop that out of the door, too. P...

It ties your interior door handle, lock button, and outside lock all togther. Nissan should've forged the darn thing outta chrome moly or something. Talk about planned obsolescence... :angry: