Replacement ignition switch harness too short

jpratt2

I'm trying to replace the  ignition switch (minus the key cylinder) in my '94 Pathfinder. The newer switch harness seems to be too short by about an inch to plug into the main wiring harness.

One issue I'm seeing is that the old switch had the wires oriented downward over the screw hole, while the newer versions all orient horizontally back toward the steering wheel, necessitating a sharp downward bend to route correctly.

I've tried unclipping various zip ties and rerouting the wiring but I cant get enough slack to reach. The official part number is 48750-01G00.

Anyone else experience this? Any work-arounds? Any alternative parts numbers? I thought if all else fails, I'll just have to make a jumper out of the old wires.

Thanks!

-John

I replaced the switch on mine a while ago and I do vaguely remember having to screw around with the wiring to make it reach. Just bending, I don't think I had to splice anything. Worst case, yeah, you should have enough wire from the old switch to extend the harness. Good luck!

• Like 1