LSD question

Im thinkin about buying a 95 SE pathy. It has the "sport" suspension with the switch inside or what ever for it, same goes for the tranny. and 4 wheel disc brakes. But i didn't notice a LSD sticker on the rear diff. Is it possible that it doesn't have LSD in the back? Its the original diff, so i dont think thats the problem. Is the sticker hard to notice perhaps?

thanks in advance!

Edited by derogate

I went to the junk yard the other day, and I say a Pathy with the comfort setting controls for the suspensions.. Is that stock, or aftermaket?

im pretty sure it comes like that from the factory with all SE models. but i honestly don't know. I've just been researching what ever info i can get my hands on in the last few days. I can't see it being an aftermaket option though. So my question still remains. If it has 4 wheel disc brakes, and sport/comfort settings for the tranny and suspension, should i conclude it has LSD also?

The adjustable suspension is stock, yes.

To check if your rear diff has LSD, jack it up so both rear tires are off the ground, put it in neutral and spin one tire. If the other tire spins the opposite direction, no LSD. If they both spin the same way, you probably have LSD.

I can't really do that as it isn't in my posession, I think it has LSD, cause it has all the other goodies. Didn't it come as part of a sport package? or where they all individual factory options?

oi, im off to a rough start here. I think i'll rephrase my question...

If the vehicle has Sport shocks, tranny, and wheel disc brakes, should it also not include the LSD rear end? I can't seem to find any comfirmation anywhere as to whether this was included in a "sport" package, or if it was a serperate factory option.

I need to know by tommorrow when i talk to the guy about buying it. Its kind of important.

Thanks for trying to help anyhow, its appreciated.

There is no way to tell short of testing it yourself. You could order a Pathfinder with options or without them, there was never a real "all-in-one" "for-sure" "Off-Road" package. Some had LSD, some didn't. MOST SE's with rear discs have the LSD, but I've seen them without as well.

I have a promotional folder for the 1993 Pathfinder, it says that the LSD is optional for both XE-V6 and SE-V6.

For the XE-V6, it says it comes in the optional XE-V6 Sport/Power Package, which includes exterior spare tire carrier, spare tire cover, limited-slip rear dif, fog lamps, power windows, power door locks, dual heated power remote-controlled outside mirrors, rear window release and remote vehicle security system.

For the SE-V6, it says it comes in the optional SE-V6 Sport Package, which includes 7JJx15 alloy wheels, 31x10.5R15 tires, exterior spare tire carrier, spare tire cover, limited-slip rear dif, fog lamps, flip-up/removable glass sunroof, 2-way driver-adjustable shock absorbers, rear disc brakes and full-length side step rails.

Thos items that are part of the XE-V6 Sport/Power Package but are not listed in the SE-V6 Sport Package (like power windows, power door locks, dual heated power remote-controlled outside mirrors, rear window release and remote vehicle security system) are standard in the SE-V6.

Fernando