Hi everyone from N.Z

Guest -mako-

Guest -mako-

Hey cool forum you run here Only just found it but already stumbled across heaps of stuff that is or will be of use in the future :D

1st time 4x4 owner here I looked around at quite a few different types but decided I liked the Nissan terrano, Found what I was looking for in the form of a 92 dark blue r3m td27 5dr manual 5sp, not an easy feat auto's seem all the rage here that and the petrol models.

Anyway so far I have changed all brake pads bled all lines lots, trouble is now if I pump the pedal reasonably hard and fairly fast I get the brake light on the dash flashing on for a second or two. Ive done a little reading on the net here mostly came across a few mentions of a maximum pressure sensor that might cause the dash light for the brake to come on :confused: Any feed back on this would very much be appreciated.

Ive also just replaced both front bottom ball joins, first side took me a couple of hrs seems I had never done any before or even seen them done second side took about 35mins lol exhaust flexi gets replaced tomorrow and I also need to pick up a replacement alternator appears my one has just dropped a diode, runs fine night time aswell just wont hold charge overnight and will go flat enough to stop a restart of the motor when I have run a few accessories while driving.Found this out after I parked a mile or two along a remote beach and then needed a jump-start from some helpful fisher guys.

Oil change on the motor is done next on the list is to have a go with the transmission etc.

Any help or advice given will find a good home here.

Thanx

Welcome. WAVEY

Check to see if you have enough brake fluid. There's a switch in the brake fluid reservoir that warns you when the fluid level gets too low. Maybe the quick brake pedal pumping is sort of momentarily dropping the fluid level past the point where it comes on.

Guest -mako-

thanks for the helpfully welcome. I left the fluid level filled to the max indication line after I bled through about 500ml shared between the four brake calliper bleed nipples,I just topped this fluid as it was needed during.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest -mako-

Hi jumper and DJ dank thanks for the welcome :D

Yeah Ive headed over to the garage with my question, thanxs for pointing me in the right direction DJ I will be a regular reader and hopefully not to many newbie questions.

Guest -mako-

Hi bundyboy I am just outta Palmerston North ie: Feilding. Not much in the way of 4x4 tracks here but I have had a heap of fun hitting the beaches after a drive out of this place :D

Ive never been down sth so don't know your area, heard it's a nice place just dam cold in the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mako, good to see another NZer.

I am also in the sth island, just out from ChCh.

I have a TD27 as well, but an auto, and have had a great run out of it so far. 50000K's in nearly 2 yrs. No major probs, just heaps of oil changes, etc. If yours is a jap import, check the fuel filter as it may not have been changed before. Mine had heaps of crud and water in.

Cheers

Al.