running wires through shifter boot to dash

Strato_54

In my 97 ive got the manual and 4x4. i install some leds and ran the switch to the 3 caps next to the hand brake. i tried pilling off the shifter boot and the trim around it to run along the edge of the boot to under my dash. there were 2 8mm bolts from what i can remember and i tried to pull the plastic up to feel the wire under and through. it would not come off. are there any other bolts on the side of this or clips that were preventing me from running them through this spot. or is there any other way thats better when im running wires from the other 2 caps in that spot?

The only way I've run wires into the cab, and it would be a long route for this, is inside the driver wheel well to a grommet I took out that is just above and to the left of the hood release cable entry.

I have a post about it related to installing electric trailer brakes. Finding that was probably the most miserable part of the whole install. I spent countless hours looking for some way to do this without just drilling a hole in the firewall.

Then after all that work, my engine died within a year... Lol...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, colinnwn said:

The only way I've run wires into the cab, and it would be a long route for this, is inside the driver wheel well to a grommet I took out that is just above and to the left of the hood release cable entry.

I have a post about it related to installing electric trailer brakes. Finding that was probably the most miserable part of the whole install. I spent countless hours looking for some way to do this without just drilling a hole in the firewall.

Then after all that work, my engine died within a year... Lol...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

i know exactly where youre talking about thats where i ran my trailer power, amp cables and led light whires. i mean the part under the radio stack that meets the shifter boot. when you pull back the trim around the shifter at least on the manuals, it meets to the stack. i cant get it into the stack because i think there are hidden bolts but cant find any. or the best way to run a wire from the switch covers by the cup holders to behind the radio. the wheel wells are my favourite spots since it takes no drilling but a pain to say the least