missed my path

mudfinder

i haven't driven my path for almost 3 weeks now since i got my 2005 titan. sure the titan is great, powerful, smooth, awesome. but you know what, not as bad as$$ as my mudfinder. i drove it to school today and god i missed the rattling of the doors, the bogging and hesitation, the viberation. my Pathfinder is still my favorite. matter in fact, i'm taking her wheeling this weekend.

my parents were trying to convence me to sell the Pathfinder. i told them yeah whatever. my friends and family know how much i love my path so they asked me, "if you had a choice, either keep the titan or Pathfinder, which one would you keep?" my answer was Pathfinder. i could always buy a brand new titan, but can't but buy mudfinder. too much time and quality and money.

*tear in her eye*

*runs out and hugs her pathy* :)

nuthin like the truck you love, no matter how run down it is to others, it's still your baby! I cried (and can still get weepy) when I got rid of my old truck. The sales person advised I dont ever get pets if I'm going to get that emotional over a truck.

I can see where you are comming from completely .I bought my girlfriends car from hher it's a 2001 audi a6 Quattro and I still drive my pathy more than that f@#king thing and every time I turn around its in the shop with some questionable problem.If I had it to do over I would have taken some of the money I spentt on the audi and got a bigger lift on my rig so at the first sign of trouble I could of driven over that piece if sh!t and been colected off of the insurance. :P

Ahhhh... *tear* the love of a Pathy is unconditional.. they ask so little.... run sick, tired, and with cheap a$$ gas..... what "parent" could ask for more? :bow: Praise the car gods for the Pathfinder!! :bow:

When I told my dad that I wanted to set up my Pathy for offroading when I had it paid off, I expected him to be pissed. Instead he said "Go for it". My dad has done the same sort of thing with a 1993 BMW 325is. Its set up for track driving. He's had it since it was new and it now has 180K on it. It runs like a Nissan! He also has a 2002 M3. But the 325 is more fun. You feel much more connected to it. It has more soul.

When I told my dad that I wanted to set up my Pathy for offroading when I had it paid off, I expected him to be pissed. Instead he said "Go for it"

my experince with my dad was just the opposite. when i told him that i wanted to lift my path, rig it up, he would get pissed. when i was going to lift it, he had no idea. when he came home from work and saw the 33inch tires, lift, he got pissed. all i said was, "i watered it too much, it grew". i said that because i would always wash the path. the only thing that i can do to my path now is make it 4wd, i have a locker, lift, everything that i need. i told him that i wanted to either drop my titan or lift it. but first i want to put an exhaust on it. i couldn't believe my ears what he said in response. he said " don't waste your money on the titan. it's brand new, don't mess it up. save your money and fix the engine on the path, rebuilt it or put a new one, would the 3.3 liter fit?" i was like dad you feeling ok? so when i start the police academy hopefully this summer, i'll save the money from the academy and put a new engine with a 4wd tranny and make it 4x4. so other than that, i love both my babies. but i love the path more.

heh, I still have yet to let my dad know we lifted the pathy and are offroading it. Yeah, I'm 30, and still afraid of my dad! haha... He's pretty cool about us wheeling the X, but I think he's mostly just being nice about it. I can only hear the signs, and see the eyes rolling from here tho...

I baught my pathy from my momma for 2,500. After that she siad I could do whatever I wanted to it, but if I messed up I was out a car, no help. My dad just got a Toyota Highlander.....so I dont talk to him anymore :P

man can i relate... my baby is getting painted and I have not driven it for over two weeks, i do miss her. I hope to get her back tomorrow and can't wait. I used to call her "big ugly" but her new name will be "Lammtarra".

I feel ya. If my old 720 wasn't such a pig on gas and gutless, who knows, maybe I'd still be driving it. No power windows, locks, anything= less stuff to break. That thing was clean, super straight, and shined like it was off the showroom floor at 255K when I sold it. The Z24 was weak, but bullet-proof. The problem was, with 31's, it got 200 miles on a tank MAX. That's not cool when you're broke coming out of college. Still, it felt weird letting the old girl go. I'm sure your Titan is sweet in its own right, I like those things too. But kudos for keeping the Pathy around. If anything, at least you won't sweat taking it out in the dirt when you don't have to worry about messing up a brand new truck. Here's to the best of both worlds! :beer: