Intake vs. KN High Flow

Guest goplay

Guest goplay

I am looking at installing either an intake or a KN high flow filter on my '91 Pathfinder. I am looking for any opinions on which I should do. What are the pros/cons of each, sound/performance/maintenance differences? Any input would be great. Thanks!!

I have to smog my '92 Pathy, so I went with the K & N filter, which I swear by as I have had them in my past 4 trucks..... but it all comes down to personal prefernce and $$ :aok:

I've got a K&N in my '91 SE. It's been in there since my 'finder was new in '91. Well not literally. Routine service when the mileage drops off. You'll still have service with a cold air intake system. Like Slick sez, it's all in what squeels your wheels.

As far as performance enhancements I'm not sure you will "feel" anything different maybe a little quicker throttle response. These motors like any other are an air pump. You can only get so much in and consequently so much out. As far as sound goes with a K&N it is negligable since you will be using the stock airbox.

If you go the K&N route keep your old paper element (assuming it's not cannon foder) for in between services while the gauze dries out prior to re-oiling. B)

Mike

The K&N seems to be a fine option. I did mine at the same time as a jump to a Flowmaster 40 series muffler, and all together there seemed to be an increased pep. The general thought goes along the previously mentioed idea of an air pump. You have to put something in to get something out. So an increased airflow efficiency along with exhaust should yield results