Offroad in the Detroit Lake area, Oregon

88pathoffroad

Today I went out to the Detroit Lake/Breitenbush area of Oregon, near Mt. Hood. Have some pics. :)

Rocks? HAH! I laugh at rocks, even when I can't crawl all the way up on them because I didn't want to air down my tires. ;)

rock.jpg

Snow is fun. Poser shots. :)

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

Finally, after a long day of on and off-road action, the Pathy takes a nice dip in the hot springs. (needs to be deeper)

hotsprings.jpg

Nice shots! What awesome scenery out there!

We were off road all weekend, and finished the weekend in the hot tub, so I'm sure that pathy enjoyed the hot springs just as much :)

I agree, that is some nice scenery... I miss going up there. Hell I miss seeing the whole west side of the US... Being from flat, no snow Texas makes me really appreciate the mountians and valleys with rapids in the rivers and streams...

I ran the first trail saterday with street pressure... Then I aired those tires down at the first chance... It was the first time I've ever aired down, and I was really impressed with the smoother/softer ride while crawling over the rocks and the traction increase was definatly noticable. I only aired down to about 25psi, but next time I go I think I'll air down to 20psi... That park has a big air tank on the way out so you can air up 2 4x4s at the same time in about 15-30seconds per tire...