Struts 2002 QX4

MLML

I made the mistake of putting cheap struts with 2" spacers on my QX4.  Too much sag, and it shows with the new 9447 springs and 5100 Bilsteins in the rear, I'm getting about 3" in the rear vs stock.  So I ordered the KYB GR2 and OME HD springs with the RRO 1.75" Trim Packers.  Would you guys recommend running a spacer from SF Creations in place of the Trim Packer if I'm looking for about 2.5" of lift?  Any other issues?  

5 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

The OME HD springs plus a 1” SF creations spacer is a great, safe setup. Multiple guys run it, no report of CV issues

The 1" SF spacer would take the place of the Trim Packer?  How much lift would I get with the 1" SF and KYB GR2/OME HD's?

1 minute ago, MLML said:

The 1" SF spacer would take the place of the Trim Packer?  How much lift would I get with the 1" SF and KYB GR2/OME HD's?

Yep. Don’t put on the trim packer. If you put the 1” spacer on top of OME springs like that you’re looking at about 2-2.5” of lift

Just now, PathyDude17 said:

Yep. Don’t put on the trim packer. If you put the 1” spacer on top of OME springs like that you’re looking at about 2-2.5” of lift

Fantastic!  That's what I'll do.  

3 minutes ago, PathyDude17 said:

a lot of people seem to get about 1”-1.25” out of OME HD springs if they have no extra weight

If I plan to put on a metal bumper/winch maybe I should go with the 1.5" spacer? 

7 hours ago, MLML said:

If I plan to put on a metal bumper/winch maybe I should go with the 1.5" spacer? 

Well, maybe. But note that a 1.5” spacer gives 2” of lift. So if you put a 1.5” spacer on with OME springs before your bumper, youre gonna be at 3” of lift, which could be quite problematic. If you want a 2” lift and a bumper, you might have to go with AC coils or a custom setup like @Bax03SE. OME HD springs are designed to give .5” of lift under a heavy load (don’t remember the exact number), so if you get a lot of front end weight expect to see less lift from your springs. But, multiple people currently or have in the past run a bumper/winch setup on OME coils. I would say don’t put on a 1.5” spacer at a minimum until you have a bumper and winch on to see how the springs handle the weight.