Rugged Ridge Hubs

scottander

Just had my hubs rugged ridge hubs fail, and was thinking about replacements. I was thinking about using the warn hubs but i still use my 2003 alloys occasionally and they apparently do not clear. I was wondering if any one had tried making them fit with a little grinding, i think there is only a mm or two required? Has anyone tried this- or is this just a bad idea?

Anyways I don't really want to go with the rr hubs again as I dont really feel that they are great quality- but i dont really think there are any other alternatives.

Thanks for any feedback or advice.

I’ve been happy with Mile Marker hubs. They do have the same issue of not clearing the center bore of the 2003 wheels though. I read somewhere on here about someone using a router to widen the bore. I think it is just the little ridge that the stock center cap snaps onto that is the problem, so it’s only a little material that has to come off. 

2 hours ago, scottander said:

Just had my hubs rugged ridge hubs fail, and was thinking about replacements. I was thinking about using the warn hubs but i still use my 2003 alloys occasionally and they apparently do not clear. I was wondering if any one had tried making them fit with a little grinding, i think there is only a mm or two required? Has anyone tried this- or is this just a bad idea?

Anyways I don't really want to go with the rr hubs again as I dont really feel that they are great quality- but i dont really think there are any other alternatives.

Thanks for any feedback or advice.

Mind detailing the failure?  I run them, and they've done well for me, but I know they're not a premium option so I'm curious about potential failure points.