Removing front door panels and speaker/amp problem

colinnwn

Does anyone know how to remove the front door panels to get to the front door speakers? I've done it on my 1990 Maxima, which was a bit fiddly and easy to break the connectors. But I've never found how to do it for the Pathfinder online.

My front amp went out yesterday, and for a couple years my front right speaker hasn't sounded very good. So I'm going to try to bypass the amp and use the wiring that is already there to drive a new speaker directly off the head unit. I no longer have the Bose head unit, replaced it 10 years ago with a Pioneer. If anyone's done this and has advice, it would be welcome.

Thanks.

Thanks. 

I was also doing more research and found this post where it says a faulty audio amp relay in the drivers rear quarter panel can cause the front speakers not to work. Now I'm conflicted on just replacing the speakers, or trying to do a quick fix of replacing that relay.

I've tried to figure out how to remove that quarter panel before when I was trying to wire in my electric brakes, and I have no idea how to get that panel off. I'll look harder in the FSM after lunch, but it generally does a terrible job explaining how to remove interior plastic pieces.

https://www.justanswer.com/nissan/4mi8i-nissan-datsun-pathfinder-le-2001-nissan-pathfinder.html

To remove the rear quarter you just have to remove the little door sill plate on the back where the hatch closes and then the quarter panel is just held on by clips that pop off. Start by swapping in a know good relay to see if that fixes your issue before you start messing with the amp 

I went out to work on it, and of course the front speakers are working fine, after they didn't work all yesterday. So I'm going to wait until it is acting up again so I can verify that switching the relay out actually fixes it.  Thanks.