4wd trouble codes

Deedz

Hey everyone! Replaced my transmission in my QX4 a few weeks ago, Bought it with no reverse for $900 ?. But  after the install I noticed my 4wd light stays on. I’ve successfully pulled the codes from the procedure stated in the service manual, codes were 5,10, and 12.

In the manual it says

5= transfer motor relay short or open

10=Neutral/4lo switch short or open

12= Line pressure switch short or open

can someone please tell me what I should be looking for as far as all switches being “open”. I checked all my wiring and everything is hooked up correctly, trans motor replay and neutral/4lo switch is rechable But i understand the line pressure switch is in the transfer case, is it something I can get to without much work?

Honestly if It’s going to take removing the transfer case I had a thought of just using the lever controlled  tx10 i got for free and grabbing a center counsel from a pathfinder at my nearest junkyard and be done with the electronics, I’m sure I would be dealing with the 4wd light forever then.

please let me know what you guys think, this is my first SUV and I love it and  would like to keep it for some years to come.

Three open/shorted (nice how it doesn't tell you which one) faults at once after you've had it apart makes me think maybe the harness got pinched somewhere out of sight. Unplug the harness at both ends and check for continuity, and see if anything's grounded that shouldn't be. Might be an easy fix without dropping everything.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of push-and-pray transfers and would probably be considering the TX10A swap too!

Good score BTW.

Thank for the reply! Also the guy that sold it to me was the second owner and had it since 2011. I wish I knew how to upload pictures lol. 

Now that I think about it since you brought up the harness being pinched, the harness that’s on the transmission isn’t the original. Since I still have the original I’ll just swap it back in and check continuity as you stated, but in both to make sure. Best believe if this doesn’t work tx10a ftw!

Original transfer harness might get you somewhere. Good luck!

The way to get pictures to work is to upload to another site (like postimage or flickr, I'm using Flickr) and embed them here. Kind of a PITA but I can imagine how quick we'd fill server space otherwise.