Seat Motors

Inyourface1650

My driver side front seat motor is in a stuck position. This is the motor that lowers or raises the front of the seat.

The rear lift motor works, as does forward and aft, and rear seat tilt. My memory settings work as does the easy exit function - so overall the system is healthy.

I can feel the motor kick when I flip the switch - but it doesn't appear to move. 

This is somewhat rare, but I don't even know....where to start here. Is there a position relearn maybe? Do the motors go bad? are they easily replacable? Remove the seat and take a look? Again I feel it...try.. so I dont think the switches are bad....

Edit: one other note - looking in the FSM - there are troubleshooting steps for the sunroof, and troubleshooting steps for the "automatic drive positioner" but no steps to troubleshoot the seat itself....

Edited by Inyourface1650

3 hours ago, Inyourface1650 said:

My driver side front seat motor is in a stuck position. This is the motor that lowers or raises the front of the seat.

The rear lift motor works, as does forward and aft, and rear seat tilt. My memory settings work as does the easy exit function - so overall the system is healthy.

I can feel the motor kick when I flip the switch - but it doesn't appear to move. 

This is somewhat rare, but I don't even know....where to start here. Is there a position relearn maybe? Do the motors go bad? are they easily replacable? Remove the seat and take a look? Again I feel it...try.. so I dont think the switches are bad....

Edit: one other note - looking in the FSM - there are troubleshooting steps for the sunroof, and troubleshooting steps for the "automatic drive positioner" but no steps to troubleshoot the seat itself....

Front motor is probably jammed. Replacing it is probably more practical than fixing. 

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/43883-astroramirsquos-build-thread/?page=3

scroll down on page 3 and you'll see what I did

16 hours ago, Astrorami said:

Front motor is probably jammed. Replacing it is probably more practical than fixing. 

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/43883-astroramirsquos-build-thread/?page=3

scroll down on page 3 and you'll see what I did

Thanks Astrorami - So looks like pulling the seat is in order - I assume its easy enough to figure out which motor is which? 
I need a new seat cover anyway I can probably do this all in one shot...

Mike

If you're not sure which is which, you could probably unbolt the seat and push it up, or flop it forward, or just use a mirror or something, then work each adjuster and figure out which motor spins for each. Looks like the mechanism is exposed enough for you to see which ones are or aren't moving. That should narrow it down to which one's borked, and it looks like it should be easy enough to pull that motor and have a look on the bench to determine if a little percussive maintenance will bring it back or if it's time to track down a replacement.