Major Problem....

Slick

I think the $ turned into a 4 on the price. The bolt is $5 and some change, plus, if I want it tomorrow..add another $4!!!! I tried to order it through Nissan with a credit card..and after the line of BS I would have to go through, I have now decided OHS is sounding realllllly good today.

I had no clue these engines had bleeders!! DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... hehehe....must have overlooked that info!

I got the t-stat from Autozone, and she looked the part # for the cap up on the puter. it looks identical to teh original Nissan cap I am replacing, but it is made by Prestone (the new cap).

The heater and ac worked perfectly before things went wrong... I will get a stud/bolt from Orchard today, put Johnny 5 back together..do another compression test with the motor warm...burp the old girl.... and see what happens.

Thanks guys for all your input, I really appreciate it, and am learning a lot!!

Oh, and the bolt I am talking about, is the bolt on the water pump, with the threads in the head, that the lower t-belt cover bolts into.....kinda like a bolt with a thread head so to speak..only Nissan could design that! (and then try and charge $5 for the little bugger!)

Well, after my bf showed me how he installed the t-stat..it is supposed to go with the little vent thingy up....he just put 'er in and turned....so it was not where it should have been..which could have caused the t-stat to not function properly.

The old t-stat I pulled out was damaged and stuck 1/2 open! The t-stat my bf installed, is in perfect shape, fully functional, but was still installed wrong, just not forced in like the old one obviously was.

THANKS AGAIN!!! I will let y'all know how it goes. :bow:

Edited by Slick

I have a spare set of those funky little bolts laying on the floor of my garage along with the timing belt cover and other assorted front-engine pieces. I could have mailed you one. :shrug:

Hey lgranch, here a couple of pictures to give you an idea... There are some that you can buy but it is hard to find ccw ones. Look up spade drills or HiRoc mold drills, etc. here is a link to some cw ones that msc carries.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF

Of course, to me the key is to always spin ccw. I make them on a diamond wheel tool grinder out of premium micrograin carbide (usually a busted end mill, spot drill, etc). Purchased ones can be somewhat pricy, so if you want, I'll make you a couple. Just tell me the minor diameter of the thread you are tyring to remove, and I'll stay safely below that. These work very well, are tremendously durable and hard to break. The one in the pict is a .25" diameter shank from an old endmill.

Bernard

post-9-1112914878.jpg

I have a spare set of those funky little bolts laying on the floor of my garage along with the timing belt cover and other assorted front-engine pieces.  I could have mailed you one.  :shrug:

If I pay postage...will you mail me one???? (bolt with thread in head) I went to Orchard and rigged up something that will "work good" but it looks like hell..I'd rather have the right bolt...which I told Nissan they could shove you know where. :contract: :furious:

As for my Pathy... she runs again! Dave freaked out b 4 she had a chance to get warm.. (steam..condensation) yelled to turn her off and that my head gasket was blown. WRONG!!

I went out there today.. started her up.. let her run fer about 20 mins..burped her... checked everything.. took her down the road..and presto. she runs like a dream again!

The problem was combined I think.. aka...h2o pump, rad cap shot, t'stat installed wrong, and PVC valve.

changed those..and she's a champ again! Praise be to the car gods! :bow:

Edited by Slick

I emailed you my addy today. Let me know postage costs.... again.. THANK YOU!! I really didn't want to keep my "jerry rigged" lookin set up I have now (bolt..2 nuts..2 washers..) :bow:

it's on the way. I dropped it off at the post office this afternoon so it may arrive by this weekend. Of course, they ask you a bunch of questions like... is it hazardous, etc... I told them it was but only if you tried to swallow it whole or shove it completely up your nose. No friggin sense of humor. It's no wonder they crack and go on shooting rampages.

Edited by k9sar

:bow: ROLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! omg. that's great! Nope..they sure don't have a sense of humor these days.... thank you sooooooo much!!!! I really appreciate it.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!! I got the h2o pump bolt Saturday. Thanks again. I REALLY appreciate it!!! I'll be "slappin" it in this week. Thanks!!