I'm NOT getting any brake PEDAL! What the...? What is the prolm?

BrianD

When I bled mine, I used a long length of fishtank airline. Opened the bleed valve and crammed on the tubing. slipped on a small clamp just to be safe. ran the other end to the MC and held it in place with a clamp. Then I just got in the truck and stomped the hell outta the pedal until I stopped seeing air bubbles going past. Closed the valve and moved to the next wheel. Worked great.

HAAAAHHAHAHA! That's genius! thanx!

I GOT IT FIXED! WOO HOO! Thanx everyone for your help!

It actually WAS the LSV that was the cause. I took it to my buddy's place and when we started the bleed process he pumped the brake pedal REALLY fast. I mean, just about as fast as you can. I asked "Why are you doing it like that?" He said crack the bleeder and look. To my surprise it was like a milkshake with a gozillion bubbles. He said if U pump it slowish it won't collect the air...which kinda makes sense right?

Doing a super fast pedal pump will definitely show you if U have air in the system if U have clear drain tube on your bleeder screw.

I told him about the bleeder screw on the LSV. I myself cud NOT get a wrench on it here but after trying 3 - 4 different size wrenches, he got a 5/16" to fit only ONE of the 3 possible positions on that screw with a shorty short open end wrench. I tried again to heat the screw with my torch but I was starting everything on fire. So we used his MAP & oxygen torch with a VERY Hot mini flame - the bleeder screw turned orange fast! and he got it loose but cudn't get any size the wrench on it again to get it looser. We cooled it off and turned it looser (with great difficulty) with my fingers then pressed HARD on the pedal to clear the dirt out of the bleeder( there was no rubber dust cap on it for years) until we got a clear stream of fluid out of it and FINALLY got a hard pedal.

We bled the rears and fronts again and I drank heavily when I got home and cleaned up the mess in the truck, garage and shed...and myself.

We somehow broke the plastic catch bottle and I didn't know I was laying in a pool of brake fluid ffs!

Drove it around today and it werx great. I got a new battery while I was out ( been cranking fairly slowly after 6 years) and installed that.

Thanx again guys for your time and effort on my behalf...much appreciated!

• Like 1

All hail the fire wrench! Good to hear you got it in the end. I'll have to remember that fast pumping trick. And the line back to the MC trick, LOL.

Good luck getting all the brake fluid off of you. I helped a friend do a transfer case seal once and ended up laying on a tarp in a puddle of ATF. I think my hair would've held a flame after that.

• Like 1