Body mount replacement insight?

RCWD21

Has anyone ever cut out and repaired rusted out body mounts? Not the frame mounts but the actual mounting points on the body itself? Both the mounts at the front of the rear wheel wells on my rig have rusted through enough to worry me. And since I'll be cutting out under the rear seats more anyways I thought I'd tackle that at the same time but thanks to pictures going disappearing all the bookmarked pages are no longer of any use to me.

I was thinking of using 1/16" plate steel in strips to lap weld in since there appears to be a large gap between the panels and it would also beef up the mount area more than welding in a lot of thinner sheet metal, not to mention the contour of the body panels themselves in that area of the floor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My rear right body mounted cracked and ripped when I put my pathfinder on it's side. I welded up what I could back there together and i plan on welding in the frontmost right body mount bracket after I fix my motor. I currently do not have a bracket up front which is causing my fender to sag and rip off the body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My rear right body mounted cracked and ripped when I put my pathfinder on it's side. I welded up what I could back there together and i plan on welding in the frontmost right body mount bracket after I fix my motor. I currently do not have a bracket up front which is causing my fender to sag and rip off the body.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're pretty bad off, luckily these are the only mounts that have rust issues. It all stems from the back seat area being rusted out and spreading downwards. It's so bad I even have to replace portions of my rear inner fenderwell areas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I just made new ones for mine. Right at the front driver and passenger footwells. I just took the old ones and made new ones in the same general shape. I used carriage bolts to replace the body bolts I broke. I have a 3" body lift.