Factory Wheel Backspacing HELP NEEDED!

Gusthebus

HI FOLKS

Let me start by apologizing for potentially beating a dead horse. I've tried searching for days and can't seem to find a definitive measurement on backspacing for factory 16" "5 star" style wheels. I am currently running Falken Wildpeak 265/75/16's with 1.5" wheel spacers. I am looking to buy the Vision HD 84 series wheels in 16x8. They have a 4" backspacing. I just need to verify the 4" backspacing will accommodate enough clearance for the strut tower without using spacers. I see a ton of recomendations for 3.75" backspacing working well for similar set-ups, not sure if the .25" difference would cause any issues. Any advice or experiences are much appreciated!

Falken Wildpeak AT3W All Terrain Radial Tire - 265/75R16 116T

That should be just fine. I currently have 265/75/16 Kumho AT51's on my stock 2002 SE 6 spoke wheels with no spacers. Backspacing is 4 5/8" for my wheels and I have about 3/8" clearance between the edge of the tread and spring perch so you should be golden with 4" backspace. The stance won't be as wide as your current setup but personally I don't think that's a bad thing.

Edited by jjonez

Thanks for the confirmation! I agree about the stance width. That's partially why I'm replacing the wheels...the current track width is causing some rub in the rear of the wheel well. Wheels got delivered already today. Hopefully I can get them mounted up this weekend. Pics pending...