cockeyed o2 sensor

94extreme

after way too much work i finally removed the old o2 sensor.. i'll write the story another day but the new one will not go in but crooked (way crossthreaded) and i was wondering if you guys thought it'd be ok if i left it that way. i don't want to re-assemble everything and then have to undo it.... the threads in the exhaust pipe are f-ed up and i don't have a tap set.. and of course it's a pretty huge hole.. seems to not leak and is in there v. tight the truck runs A1... just some of the thread is exposed... it's facing upwards towards the body and otherwise seems ok..

any thought's would be appreciated... thanks

i'd so something about it. i know the o2 sensor won't get a correct reading if it was leaking. snice it doesn't leak and runs fine, you should be fine. retread it when you get a chance. doesn't seem like a big deal if it doesn't leak.

I have the proper tap (no need to ask, you know why!) and would be glad to loan it to you if you pay shipping. I'm in NoCal.

On the positive side, my Pathy was one of the few vehicles I DIDN'T have to use the tap on. I've used it on many other vehicles, but the Pathy'a ORIGINAL sensor came out very easily and cleanly when I changed it a couple months ago....

Way to go MWS....you guys are awesome! I have only been coming around for a few weeks and have gained valuable info. And now I see someone loaning a tool clear across the country...thats great! I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better! :beer:

Yes, if you can, spray it with water and watch to see if it bubbles. You should be good to go if it's not leaking.

What's a little "angle change" amongst friends? LOL

What's a little "angle change" amongst friends? LOL

lol. i am not flexing the o2 sensor you know....

it's not leaking and i think i'll toss a bit of the rtv gasket goop on there to make sure...