Longer ebrake cable after lift, what have you used?

RCWD21

As some of you a know I've lifted my pathfinder and I've run into more than a few problems due to the springs I chose to use.

One big issue that I'm not sure how to get around is that the ebrake cable, even with them held in place where they'd be with drop down brackets, they are still too short.

The other problem is, the driver side cable lays directly on the muffler and has very little room for slack and i dont want it to melt. If I were to stuff the passenger rear it would pull the cable tight due to the new angle of the axle. I'm debating on going to a smaller diameter muffler to free up some room for the cable as the current muffler is a replacement with the rear slip on section like walker or bosal but I don't know if that would be enough

I've read that the hardbody cables are longer and are an easy replacement for the shorter pathfinder cable but I can't prove that yet seeing as I haven't measured the cables.

I don't rock crawl but I'm going to need a lot of movement for some of the places I go to in the woods and I'd like to retain my ebrake.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The only place in my area that can make a set wants nearly $150 since "it's not a common request". Plus I'm not sure how much longer I need them to be. I'll measure hardbody cables when it stops raining and compare them and go from there.

This still leaves the question about getting hung up on the exhaust though.

There are places online​, try a Google search, lots of places pop up.

If you had a longer one, you could put the cable closer to the body and away from the muffler right? Can you make some sort of heat shield?

If I had a longer cable I could use the old guide loop to keep it away from the muffler, or even a long spring to allow travel when the axle moves.

• Like 1

When I put the lift on mine I made blocks to lower the cables. I used square metal stock. Attached them to the body, then attached the cable to the block. I don't recall exactly, but I think I used 1" stock. I have a 2" lift. So the higher the lift, I would assume a thicker block would need to be used?

Edited by RF600