Climate Control panel issues

jyeager

I'm putting LED bulbs in my dash. No problems getting the illumination lights replaced in the climate control. I removed the front panel and pulled the old bulbs from their bases and plugged in the new LED bulbs.

I first tried removing the climate control and couldn't do it. Even removing the radio to reach up. The problem is something solid about 1" behind the climate control unit such that it can't be pushed back in and out. And it can't be turned and pulled out forward because of the wiring harness and I can't get it all disconnected with the access I have. So I really am not sure how it could be removed. But since I didn't need to, no probem, right?

Well, when I was done, the A/C indicator light in the push button didn't work anymore. So how in the world do I replace that bulb?

I pulled the button off and I see the bulb inside, but it is coming down from above. I think that switch assembly will need to be removed to change the bulb. Does anyone know how to get that switch assembly out of the climate control? Is it possible from the front?

Thanks.

If it is anything like the manual climate control in my 2001, there are 2 steel cables for the temperature and air selector, that only allow the control unit to come out an inch or so without detaching the cables at the mix boxes.

I never found instructions or replacement bulb sizes in either the truck owners or service manuals for the A/C and recirc switches. I have the old control unit out of my truck, and they don't appear to be removable at all. My new control unit came with 2 new switches already installed in them.

If it is anything like the manual climate control in my 2001, there are 2 steel cables for the temperature and air selector, that only allow the control unit to come out an inch or so without detaching the cables at the mix boxes.

I never found instructions or replacement bulb sizes in either the truck owners or service manuals for the A/C and recirc switches. I have the old control unit out of my truck, and they don't appear to be removable at all. My new control unit came with 2 new switches already installed in them.

Ok. Thanks.

Clarification: are you saying it doesn't look like the bulbs can be removed, or the switches entirely?

I'm wondering if replacing the switch is an option.

Thanks.

I have an update. Dug in to it some more yesterday.

I was able to push the control panel in, angle it and pull it part way out before the connections in the back stopped me. With it part way out there was just BARELY enough room to remove the switch assembly from the panel. It's really hard to release and I cracked a little something getting it out. But it's out and I should be able to get it back in fine.

The light bulb comes out very easily after the switch mechanism is removed. (it's in the switch mechanism)

It's a Neo3 bulb. Available on SuperbrightLEDs.com.

I don't believe the switch assemblies are available separately (not that I need it). The 'nissan' way of getting a new bulb is to buy a new HVAC control panel for > $100.

If anyone knows otherwise, let me know please.

• Like 1