Front suspension...what to replace...remote vehicle

alburk

I need to do some work on my suspension...95 SE 4wd

My vehicle is in a remote place so I was going to just take a stab at what parts I might need...

It has 90K miles and is stock/original.

Any input would be appreciated...

I'm thinking of tackling these parts first...

Front:

Front lower control arm bushings (is alignment required if I do these and tie rods are okay?)

Inner and outer tie rods (if needed but will buy to have handy-alignment required I know)

Strut rod bushings

Sway bar bushings and end links

Steering damper bushings

Shocks

Rear:

Trailing arm bushings

Sway bar bushings and end links

Panhard bushings

Shocks

Zerks and lube anything that takes zerks (factory)

I was going to wait and check the ball joints and upper control arm bushings as I think they are more involved and they may be alright. Also waiting on springs and shackle bushings...to see what the impact the above has first.

Does it make sense to do it in steps like this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

Hey Al, and welcome! I'm pretty new here too but there is an ocean of knowledge and lots of members w/repair & upgrade experience willing to guide you(and me-lol).

1st, you have a 22 y/o truck and by now all the original soft and wiggly bits are pretty much done. Unclear as to what kind of condition the vehicle is in currently...how much it got beat on enviroment, etc. That being said, depending on ur budget, try to buy those parts first. Bushings, shocks, tie rod ends(even ball joints), end links, etc. I know with my 01, there were NOT a lot of those lubed joints that actually had grease nipples to renew the lube so once the rubber cracked they would start to dry out-my current problem: all that stuff needs to be replaced at this point in its life (325, km). I know here in Canada, you can return auto parts fairly easily: unused & w/receipt, so long as they're not "electrical parts".

Use the search bar to find posts of other members, narrating their repair journeys, short cuts, btw's, links, etc, frequency of failure of the parts you are thinking of replacing. Other associated and possible failing parts: get 1 front & 1 rear brake line, just in case.

Sounds like you won't be able to "pop" down to auto parts store where you going...a set of brass drifts-always handy, a few of those little S/S wire brushes, files-round & flat, anti sieze compound, 1 inch putty knife or scraper, some emery cloth, 2 cans of brake clean, Vise Grip pliers-small, pry bar, a can of GOOD penetraiting fluid-NOT WD-40! Gotta throw the tablet on the charger, I'm in the Red, cheers, V