TBI airbox inlet size?

RCWD21

I'm looking to put a snorkel on my 87 and I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows what size tubing fits over the end of the airbox for a TBI unit? I'm not too good with figuring out circumference from 2 or 3 measurements. What has everyone used with their snorkels at that joint in thè system?

Honestly I didn't even think about using string, I guess if I used a silicon coupler between the air box and whatever tubing I'm going to be using that would open my options up a bit more, I think k I've found what I need but size has been the final question. Thanks for the tip though, I've been juggling 4 different vehicles so my brain is on the fritz lately

I'm going with the old style ARB had, it follows the contour of the A pillar to the roof. I go through a lot of tight places and a snorkel with a forward facing top hat would either get lost or broken off. Plus it's $170 vs $300+. I found it on ebay, just search d21 snorkel and you'll see what I'm going with. To me it looks a lot better than a smrun of the mill snorkel that you usually see.

Right on. What I really want to do is fab an aluminum one to fit the contour of the A pillar like you said, but will be quite the challenge to my welding skills or lack of I should say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c60241d4fb7b164c59291ff48c741d91.jpg

It's an NPORA rig but I found it on google. That is what it looks like, I like the look much better than the other style with the top hat.

An aluminum snorkel sounds nice but what about if you get it snagged on something? Wouldn't it end up tearing into other things and not flexing or snapping like plastic would?

Sent from inside my potato