front seat swap

JonesyUSN

I have a dream. Its to put a bench seat in the font . I like the bench seats from older hardbodies but i have no clue onthe dimensions. I would go out and measure myself but Im deployed right now and there are no salvage yards in the area with nissans. at least not that old. I have a 92 pathy 5 speed. with the center console and ebrake. I thought I remembered seeing in some old import trucksthe ebrake still being therewith a little split in the bench for it to be used. I dontreally use mine anyway i just put it in gear, feels much safer that way. If any of you have any insight on this idea I would love to hear about it. However since we could be getting underway would you please be able to email any suggestions at jonesj@groves.navy.mil I should be hitting some ports that should have a lot of older nissans still on the road. If you could let me know something that would be great. also if i ordered a new tranny and vg30e engine to be installed in my truck anyoneknow what the total price of something like that would be. Id rather get a loan for 10k and fix my truck then buy a new one. this truck will be with me till the day i die. thanks ladies and gents

ITSA Jones :beer:

My '91 H/B has the buckets, being a KingCab. Even at that, the E-brake is to the right of the steering wheel under the dash. Personally, give me the buckets anyday over the bench, but whatever floats your boat. Sorry to say I don't know anyone with a standard cab to measure one for you.

You might try posting over on Nissan4wheelers ~ they have a sizable following for the H/B trucks, maybe someone can help you better with your questions, or give you the dimensions. Good group of very knowledgeable & mod-happy Nissan enthusiasts ~ check it out:

Nissan4wheelers Link

Dealer-wise you'd be looking at (I would think) astronomical prices for an engine/tranny combo. Have you looked into the prices at one of those engine or tranny exchanges that handle the pull-outs from Japan? I believe most of them have something like 30k miles on them, just might be a more economical alternative for you.

Always nice to have a dream... :aok:

Edited by hardwaretoad

Do you have the electric mirrors in you Path??

If you pull the control unit off with the toggle leaver thingy for adjusting the mirrors, the place for your hard body style E.Brake is behind that.

Cool huh!!!

Well thats in the ones with the square shaped dash any way, is that up to 93 or 94??, not sure ;)

Pete.

On my '87SE starting from the left (nearest our driver's door), first I have my mirror control, then the rear hatch release. To the right of the steering column I have the rear wiper control and lastly, the infamous "interlock" switch.

My '91 HB's E-brake is under the dash, not through it. Standard old pull-type ratchet & pawl ~ pull on it & turn to release. A friend had a standard cab up in Nv. with the bench seat, his E-brake, too, was under the dash. Not sure what " some old import trucksthe ebrake still being therewith a little split in the bench for it to be used." that JonseyUSN's remembering, but I don't think it was a HB. :shrug:

Peter, it'd be interesting (to me, anyway) to see a pic of the dash layout on your Terrano ~ if you can find the time... :D:beer:

I've driven an 81 Toy pickup that had the e-brake right under the dash, you pulled it out and pushed it in... haven't seen any truck with the brake in a notch in the bench seat but I'm sure they exist.

And in the Pathy. As you can see the punch-out is there, no sense in tooling & molding for essentially the same rig with slight differences. Of course you'd have to swap out the tube it runs in, and all the appropriate brackets & doohickeys, too... P...

Hmmm, looks like it's time for some new pedal pads, too... :secret:

post-9-1111533054.jpg

Edited by hardwaretoad