How to release fuel pressure without running (plugs are out)

VHerring

Ok everybody, this damn Pathy is gonna drive me nuts! :headwall: (1994 Pathfinder XE 4x4) After all the work I've done so far, now I have a CEL and it pulls codes 33, 34, & 45. :rant2: I have gathered that the knock sensor is fine, I got the code because it did what it was supposed to. The heated O2 sensor code is most likely caused by the leaking injector, causing it to burn rich and heat up. So, I pulled all of my plugs yesterday and found that they all have a white-ish residue on them except for #5 which is very black and smelled like gas. I am going to assume that this means #5 is the one leaking. So, here come the questions....

1) How do I release the fuel pressure without being able to have it running?

2) Do I have to remove the upper intake to remove #5? Or can I just remove the fuel lines that run over top of it?

3) If I do have to take the plenum off, do I have to drain the coolant? If so, why?

Any tips/tricks/thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA! :)

I can't...the plugs are out, the battery is disconnected, and I have already disconnected everything except a couple stuck vacuum lines and the water lines to the plenum. I found on another site where they said that since it has been sitting for a few days, the pressure should have dissipated on its own and all I need to do is open the gas cap and hold a rag over whichever connection I choose to open to catch the 3-4 oz of gas that will pour out. Is this true? I kinda don't have any other options at this point except to try to put it all back together first, and that's risky in itself because I'm trying to fix a leaking injector and don't want to start a fire.