low idle fluctuation problem

mikesmaximase

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well just spent 180 bucks on a new computer and maf sensor, still having the problem. AWSOME! -mad- If anyone wants to buy a maf sensor or computer for there Pathfinder let me know.

What about the Distributor :huh: You continue to purchase these parts, when you have recieved SOLID advice; to replace your distributor. :huh:

Are you having a problem locating one?

Yeh, but the discription given about the distributor doesnt sound like what im experiencing. I although did just purchase one off of ebay for s#$&s and giggles. It only cost less than 20 bucks. So how can I loose. I can sell all these items I dont need to my buddy for his shop. Even though you are still getting a reading through a volt meater it can pickup if there is a small glitch bouncing,it cant read thing that fast, thats why you would need a labscope to read something this accurate.

Even though you are still getting a reading through a volt meater it can pickup if there is a small glitch bouncing,it cant read thing that fast, thats why you would need a labscope to read something this accurate.

????

Glad to hear you got yourself a used Distributor...........Got to love E-bay B)

Anyhow, here is some past issues that might help you decide or trouble shoot.

1.) problem

2.) frustration

3.) problem solved

Good luck,

Mike BLK

If anyone wants to buy a good and tested, 1995 Pathfinder Ecu (MECM-V260 A1) v6 4x4 auto, and Mass Air Flow Sensor, and throttle position sensor out of the same year vehicle. Both work great and have been testing in my vehicle. Make me an offer. I also have a Rancho Steering stabilzer with mounting kit for the Pathfinder and hardbody, I bought it for my 95 but have decided to sell my pathy so I no longer need it ($40). Located in Norwell, MA. Will ship but you pay. :D

My '94 was doing the same thing. I replaced all the obvious parts you could think of. Not happening! I ran codes and found out it was the knock sensor. It is located under the lower intake manifold deadcenter of the back of the block. It's really not that hard to do if you turn wrenches. Just remember to label where things go, so it is a lot easier to put back together. That is my recommendation. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got the new distributor in. Now Im waiting to borrow my buddies timing light to time it then let it warm up and see what happens. I cant drive it around seeing its not registered anymore now that I have my mustang. Whats the timing supposed to be if anyone knows, 15 degrees? I also replaced the ignition coil with another used one (got for free) just for giggles (at this point anythings worth a try. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Guys!

Guest Daddy

Mine is doing the sputtering and lack of power thing also. But it is only when I'm on the highway. Once I get up to 50 or so, it sputters and bogs down and then it will accelerate again and then it does it again. RPM's drop and climb with the sputters.. Distributor????? Help Please.

Ok, still doing the same thing with the new distributor. Im gonna replace the idle air control motor next, as I already have one of those to put in also. What do you guys think about the temp. sensor being the problem, I have heard of temp. sensors making some weird stuff happen?????

Ya I just got an 89 and it seems to be having the same problem to I think. I only did the cap, roter, plugs, wires, and air filter. So I didnt spend that much on it yet. Im hoping I dont have to tons of money to fix the problem. The "puttering" wasnt happening befor I did that stuff but now it is and im scared haha. I will buy some one lunch if they can fix it for me. Maybe even a lunch AND a slurpee!!! :help:

I THINK I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I replaced the idle air control motor/solonoid with another used one and let it sit for about 10 minutes at idle and it idled fine. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!! Now its time to check it out again in the A.M when I can see. Pray for me guys, hahahaha!

• 2 weeks later...

could be any number of things ... how long have the plugs been in there? ...

if they have been in there for quite some time, you should expect to have some black on it ... especially with all the idle problems you were experiencing ... and having the oxygen sensor unplugged ...

so I would suspect that really there isn't any problem there ...

drive it for a couple thousand and then pull a couple of the plugs and see what it looks like ...

I put them in yesterday after i had the idle problem fixed and the oxy sensor plugged back in and everthing working correctly. But it running rich. I had them in for about 20 minutes let the car warm up to operating temp then drove it and pulled a few and all blackened.

hmmmm ... have you reset your computer lately? ... and it would be fair to say that you already have your timing set correctly ... and the o2 sensor is new yes? ... have you pulled to o2 to make sure that it isn't completely black too? ... maybe there is an obstruction to it making it read wrong ...

other than that I would just say drive it for a bit ... and see what happens ...