Won't turn on after throttle body was cleaned

Texasledfarmer

Sounds like it's flooded, just wait a while, keep turning the key with accelerator down to the floor or try again in the morning till the fumes dissipate. Technically you should hold the throttle open by hand rev it up to about 2,000 rpm then spray carby cleaner in the intake.

Could be flooded if you sprayed a huge amount of cleaner into the intake, but I'd be surprised if that hadn't cleared out by now. Take a close look at everything you disconnected to get to the throttle body and make sure it all went back together properly.

If the intake smells like fuel or cleaner, you might try propping the throttle open with a screwdriver or something to let the air circulate and dry it out a little. What did you use as cleaner?

I used a throttle body cleaner made by CRC. I cranked it up and it started last night. Alot of smoke came out but it worked. I gave it a 5 mile run and it runs fine but when it's been off for about 30 mins the smoke comes back once cranked again. I just gotta run it and I'm sure it'll go away. I need to change the o2 sensors... maybe that'll help with the crappie cold starts. I had read on one of the posts that someone changed injectors and it restored the performance. I think it'll be a great idea cuz almost 300 miles have surely created some horrid build up. Any ideas where to get cheap injectors?

I know this might sound ridiculous but I read that atf can clean injectors. I was curious. I took a small bottle of atf to the petrol station, added only a small amount about 100ml to a full tank and I found after a couple of atf treatments I have increased my mileage by 50 kms (31.25 miles) so I am certain that atf works to clean the fuel system. After both refills these tests were done without running the air con to get a consistent result and was a combination of traffic/freeway conditions.