cruise control hic ups.

bushnut

this weekend I was headed out to a music festival. Had the cruise on at 104 kph. 40min into the trip and it just cut out. throttleb still worked but no speed was being shown on my Ultra Gauge. Cruise control light was blinking. pulled over. temp was good, battery good, idle was normal. no codes being shown. turned off the truck and restarted. everything was fine.....didn't use the cruise any more until I got to the festival. Had a great time BTW. I did use it the whole drive home yesterday. about 1h drive @ 104-5 kph no issues....what gives? anybody have this happen before?

What vehicle do you have?

If the cruise actuator is vacuum controlled, check to make sure the vacuum line is good. I've had mine split before where you can't see it on the back side of the actuator and it drove me crazy until I actually inspected the line and found a small split in it from drying out

Sent from inside my potato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

so happened to me again this weekend...traveling along at 100 kph hit the cruise...all good for about 60seconds....then hiccup ...start to loose speed, cruise control light in dash flashing, press accelerator... nothing. turn off Cruise at switch on dash board.nothing. Pull over to the side of the road and turned off the truck and re-start. all good. didn't try to use cruise for the rest of the weekend. did a 400km+ drive and no other issues was running like a champ. until I realized that on steep hills the transmission does not step down to a lower gear from OD unless I use the button on the gear selector. Is this relay or vacuum controled? throwing no codes but were should I start looking?