oil leak?

headpeace

The most common oil leak to spot while changing the timing belt on a VG30E is at the passenger side camshaft seal. If that's the one your mechanic saw, and he didn't replace it while he was in there, you need to find yourself a new mechanic...

Another common leak is from the oil pressure sender...

-al

thanx seattle, Im gonna watch it, a good note being he thought there was an oil leak when he popped the hood , not after the job; but hell, its got 156+ on it, there's gonna be some oil in there

L8

A

The most common oil leak to spot while changing the timing belt on a VG30E is at the passenger side camshaft seal

interesting point, i just did my t-belt, H20 pump, thrmstt and cam-seals and the passenger side seal had a small leak... i wonder why the passenger side seal would be more prone to leak?? :blink:

-D

haha that proved true with my old Ranger....didn't do one oil change on it in like 3 years...ran great!

theres a good chance that cam-seal had about 256,000KM on it...so it was overdue, the leak was still pretty insignificant..so hopefully the new one'll hold up for that long too ;)