Timing help

Jmozqueda

Alright I need help setting the timing on my 95 pathfinder. I rebuilt an engine and finally dropped it in. Only problem is there's no alignment markso on the new block. Does anyone know how manyou teeth on the belt go in between each of the marks? That would be a great help. Also. The alignment mark on the crank gear can't move. I'm guessing sinice the rebuilt engine hasn't had any oil in it I can't really turn the crank.

That information is around here in threads somewhere. The timing marks are on the pieces that bolt to the block behind the cam gears. The upper timing cover will bolt to it. If that makes sense? If you have a nissan timing belt, there will be marks on it for both cams and the crank gear. Gotta make sure you are TDC on number 1 cylinder first.

IIRC it's 40T between the cam sprocket dimples and 43T from the cam sprocket dimple to the crank sprocket dimple. It's all in the write-ups and in the factory service manual.

There should be assembly lube in the motor but the crank may still be difficult to turn. I just threaded the crank bolt back in and used that with a breaker bar to turn it to where I needed it to be.