Engine dies then cranks

Jairo2000

Hey,guys I've been trying to figure out this problem I've been having with my 95 Pathfinder XE. After like 5-10 mins of idling the engine just dies & cranks, then waiting for a while it will start right back up again.

I've cleaned MAF sensor, changed the ignition coil, Main Relay & Fuel Pump Relay both click, changed the ignition control module (power transistor) & cleaned the distributor cap & rotor. I even checked the ECU & got a 55.

I checked for spark & it seems like when the engine dies, & I crank it there isn't any spark coming from the ignition coil to the distributor, but after waiting a while & letting the car rest & starting it again there is spark.

Really don't know where the problem is coming from. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are the spark plugs hooked up in order?

I've seen my old vg30 run in reverse for a bit after stalling and shutting off. Spark plugs were in wrong order paired with timing issue

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi, yes I do have funky alarm issue. The factory alarm has been acting up, it tends to alarm on it's own at times. Is there any way I can go about fixing this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys just an update the problem on my 95 Nissan Pathfinder XE, was the distributor. Replaced it everything runs smoothly. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1