6 disk in dash Bose

DePewPew

Why, oh why, does my Bose in dash changer not want to find XM a bunch of the time? It will work great for weeks and then all of a sudden it won't even go to that stop when I push the radio button. Anyone know what is going on? Or how to fix it?

I bought one from ebay $20, swapped it into my 2002 and it worked perfectly, 6-changer, wheel controls and all. The original had stopped playing cds when it got cold outside.

• Like 1

You bought a newer one and put it in your 2002? I am wondering if I can find a nav unit from a newer Nissan and be able to plug it into my 2004 and it work. I am probably making things more complicated on myself, but hey I want to maintain that same factory look.

The radio harnesses changed around 05 I think, but probably not tough to make a custom harness adapter if you really wanted a Nav unit.

On the flip side, I have a OE Bose unit from an 04 if you're interested. Worked fine as far as I know...can't say I tested the 6-disc (and definitely didn't test the cassette), but I presume it all works fine. I can put it back in the truck to test it. It's in great physical condition. Though, I don't think it supports XM, unless maybe that was an external module?