Hello, Newb here!

Mattybilt

Hey everyone. Just bought a 98 for my wife to drive to work. Cool forum here I must say. Already having fun with working on it. Front struts were replaced recently but driver's side must be defective. It clunks side to side if you shake the tire or grab the spring and shake it. Already took it apart once thinking it was the bearing or mount but nope, it's the strut itself. I think it's a cool little SUV anyway. I'm used to driving blazer's, Tahoe's, and burbs myself. Will see how it goes with the wife driving it for awhile.

Sorry no pics yet! It's just a silver le all stock. Got the fancy chrome bumpers and all that. Think I'm going to hit the junkyard this weekend and try to find some stock fender flares for it. So far she likes driving it. I can't wait to take it off road personally!

• 2 weeks later...

Well now I'm a newbie x2. Bought myself a 95 today. It needs a lot of cleaning and some body work. It was in a fender bender then parked for almost 4 years! Surprisingly it runs OK but the bad gas smell from the exhaust is horrible. Will try to get pics of both tomorrow, will be replacing the strut and doing brakes on the 98.