Help request- 01 passenger window switch

mikep1234

Hello- I have 2001 SE I hope this is the right spot for this.

I trying to install a new front passenger window switch and no longer have plug for set of 5 wires on the back, they can connect indivdually to the five terminals. I have found several wiring diagrams that don't give the info needed.

I know two of the five are negative and simply don't know which spot to connect them and don't want to fry the board.

Asked experts and they said I'd have to call junkyards at random and have them find out on same model.. Ive tried and can't find one and most don't want to deal with it.

White / red stripe

Blue / red stripe

Brown

Black

Blue / black stripe

Other plug has 12 (I think) wires that are good, only need the order for the 5.

Motor is good in window (bypassed and tested it)

Just trying my luck here, can provide pictures. Thanks for your time and if you can help I would be more than appreciative

Thanks

After a quick image check via eBay, it looks like there were two different passenger door switches for an 01, perhaps from the pre- and post-facelift models. I have an 04, and seeing as I lack a brown wire, I'm guess you have the other style...

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4011.jpg

Well you're in luck!!!

I just re did my windows on mu 96 to use the Auto up and down features of the 01+ models. I built custom harness's and almost had those diagrams memorized! lol

But i do, have about 5-6 harness's next to me as well, so lets see what i have... **starts to rummage through the harness's**

and what do you know! I have the same one you just pictured!!!

Here we go!

24690241499_325515bde4_c.jpg

You were close on your wiring, but black is ground, white/red is power (like a supplementary power, its weird, and different from the 96's), the blue wires is power signal from the drivers switch, and the brown, i cant quite remember, i think its power lock control? IDK, but there you go!

Gotta ask though, why did you remove the white connector in the first place?

Hope this helps!

-Kyle

Yeah! So awesome thanks a million really.

Just to be sure would you plug that in the same direction as your pic to mine. Just want to make sure I dont have in reverse..

Left to right (in my pic) - brown black white etc

• Like 1

Funny, I was getting close to cracking that from the FSM, but it took me a while to find that brown wire. You da man, Kyle.

Thanks man!

I really dont like the wiring diagrams Nissan uses, sure they work, but MAN are the difficult to figure out!

Everything is broken up in to sections, and never just shows, "the door wiring" Its always by system, which again, i GET WHY they do it that way. but was a huge pain when it came time to sit down and build my door harness's, i had 3 different parts of the diagrams from both 96 and 2001 so i could get as much info as i could without having to probe each wire!

Thats why i love the wiring harness for my Z, its just one GIGANTIC PDF that shows EVERYTHING! That being said, the Z doesn't really have any repeating wire colors, i know for a fact that depending on what system you are in for the pathy, all colors are fair game, thats why there are like 6 different green wires in the door harness alone! lol

Anyway, i'm ranting, glad we got this figured out.

But hawairish, do you not have auto up and down windows?

-Kyle

Yeah! So awesome thanks a million really.

Just to be sure would you plug that in the same direction as your pic to mine. Just want to make sure I dont have in reverse..

Left to right (in my pic) - brown black white etc

Yup, exactly like that.

They widest sides of the connector you should have look different on each. Just find the one with the large black piece (that you can see from my picture) and match what i have shown. The connector is designed to only fit in one way, happily.

-Kyle

Yeah, it can definitely be tricky at times reading the wiring guides. You have to start from the back of the EL section to identify the harness, then check out the component section's wiring diagram, then compare all the pins and wiring colors. I always forget that color code "L" is blue!

I do have auto up/down. On mine, your two harnesses are combined into my one harness.

Success!! Wow I'm so stoked thanks guys I would send you a drink if I could.

FYI I bought it with no plug so no idea why it was off

Many Mahalos to you guys

Time to hit the junkyard and clip one off! Or I guess you could write on the switch cover, but what fun is that?