1995 Door Swap

elsalchichero

My 1995 Pathfinder was T-boned by a guy who ran a stop sign. All in all the damage wasn't too bad, but the driver's side door is pretty crumpled, so it doesn't close properly. I sourced a replacement door from a local junkyard, which had already been removed, and I see remnants of what looks like a rubber gasket or caulk on each of the hanging brackets. Does anyone know if this is an actual part (i.e. gasket) with a part number or is it just some sort of caulk used to keep the bracket from shimmy-ing? If it's the former, can you point me where to find the part number? If it's the latter, what is that stuff called, so I can search for it?

Thanks. Also, since the door was already removed at the junkyard, it looks like I'd have to remove the front quarter panel to get to the bolts. True? Or is there a way to get to the bolts without doing that?

Yep, gotta pull the fender. The stuff you're looking for is seam sealer. You'll have to break up some more of it to get your fender off unless it's been off before.

I had the door off my '95 once and IIRC the hardest part was getting the wiring back through the hole in the A-pillar into the interior. I don't remember there being much of a trick to it, just pulling off as much inside trim as possible, sticking fingers into places they didn't really fit, and swearing a lot.

Take a look at the door hinges before you put the fender back on, they can get a little sloppy on the driver's door and you have to take the fender off for them too.