Whats the diffrence, Pathy & Terrano

Guest Pepzxr

Guest Pepzxr

Ive got a 94 Terrano TD2.7 (import) and was wondering if the suspension, diff, brakes etc. are the same as the pathy, cant find much info on the Terrano as I have no manual.

Im about to do the brakes, slide pins & pads and not sure if I should order Pathy pads.

I rang Nissan and they couldnt find any part no.s on Terrano pads so they assume their the same as the Pathy.

Anyone know for sure.. :help:

Thnks :beer:

post-6-1110275816.jpg

Guest Pepzxr

Thats what i thought but im in Australia and my Terrano is a Jap import so i rang Nissan again about the brake pads and this time he told me their were 5 differnt pads for that model with the same engine. Then he made the coment that the Japenese cant make the same thing twice.

Nissan wanted $150.00 For the pads :eek: so then i spoke to ABS brakes and he told to bring in a pad so they can match it, BINGO $70.00

Less than half price :clap:

Anyway in Aus we have Pathfinders, Terranos & Patrols :lol:

Edited by Pepzxr

• 1 year later...

The brake pads and calipers for that matter, are the same part numbers between the VG30's and the TD27(t)'s here in Japan. So I would assume that the VG30's here are the exact same truck as the Pathy everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

:o

I have a 1990 VG30 Terrano.

There are some slight body and drivetrain differances. Such as the starter motor having a differant tooth count compared with the australian model.

Thus when I did the brakes last weekend and also had a little bit of a drama getting the rotors and Pads. DRP Direct in Footsgray, Victoria (EBAY.au store) have them on an order basis. They are from one of the popular pathy models and cost around $260 delived. --- I am now a very happy DRP Direct customer.

Also pay close attention to the "electrical" shock absorbers. I have seen 2 with the "OE" front shockers seized and broken wiring on the rear shockers.

lllloooovvvve my Terrano. U gotta enjoy blowing away hiLUXes at the lights

Does that mean the rear pads are also the same? Mine has vented discs on the back.. that the same as a US spec VG one? Does anyone happen to have a Nissan part number for the rear pads to hand.. I need to replace mine real soon!

Thanks,

Ed WAVEY

Guest scar76

db438 is the part no. for the fronts, and you should only be paying around $90 per rotor, dont be scammed by wankers found in oz

• 5 months later...

That price that was quoted was in Australian dollars thus would be around US$95 per side. The discs are vented.

That price also included mettalic pads.

Wannabe

Edited by wannabe