Motor mounts

djeffrey

Hello everyone , happy holidays

I recently installed new motor mount with my engine swap, they were Anker brand, they are shot already. Not sure if it is crappy mounts or just the extra power from my engine (vg33 with euro cams and exhaust) a long with the off reading causing the problem. Anyone have a brand to recommend? I don't want to go with solid mounts because I don't want a there to be a bunch of noise and vibration from it. I was thinking of welding chains on it to keep the mount from hyperextending like I have seen elsewhere. Pretty much I would like peoples input on solid mounts and the better brand of OE mounts.

Thanks

DJ.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The RR mounts: click

I tried to talk a friend into welding chains to the broken mounts on his Blazer, but apparently that was too redneck for him, so we ended up cutting the factory rubber and crap off the mounting plates and welding up mounts for some cylindrical rubber bushings he found online. It was a pain in the ass to make them fit right but the finished product works just fine, and even with the 4.3 it doesn't seem to put a lot of vibration into the frame.

+1 on not using solid mounts, a mechanic I know tried solid mounts on his Yota and he said it just about rattled his teeth out.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks for the input. I bought new mounts and welded the chains on, was a pain to get them lined up but finally got it. Hopefully they work well. Installing the tranny mount tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk