New WD21 from AZ.

Blue109

Just picked up a cool little 88. Mostly stock but seems to be in great shape for its age. Has a nasty little shake around 40mph but only when I turn the wheel left? At least it seems that way from the test drive. Otherwise it purred. I'll make another thread for all that. Not really heavy into wheeling but wanted something to get me back into the good shooting spots and trail heads.

I'm sure that little '88 will get you everywhere you will want to go bone stock, just with good tires. Does it have the LSD rear?

As for the shake, I'm guessing tension rod bushings (at the frame from the LCA), UCA bushings, tie rods, center link and wheel bearings; in that order, hopefully not all! Should be pretty easy to troubleshoot with a jack and a little bit of understanding though...

Welcome to NPORA!

B

Thanks man. I just picked it up last night and have a long week so I probably won't get under it till this weekend. As far as LSD, I'm can't be sure but it skerped tires when I was pulling it into my car port. I usually don't buy stuff without doing a little more research but this guy dropped into my lap for really cheap and I only had a day to decide so I closed my eyes and dove in. I think I dun good!

Here's a quick pic...I'll take some more after I clean her up this weekend. My former nissans were a nasty boosted 93 240sx and a 260Z. Also had a few 80 corollas and a turbo Integra. This is my first 4wd

1205151236.jpg.0d9e27e4c2ea6740b3ecc18a1

:welcome:

Always glad to see another 2 door being saved, and it looks to be in pretty good shape. :)

I posted a couple links in your door handle thread that may be useful, too.

Figure I couldn't loose for $700! Got plates and tags last night and mobbed around through the washes behind my neighborhood a little lol. Excited to get this thing fixed up. A nice 95 with front end damage just popped up at a local jy so I'm going to go scavenge it. Has a tire carrier and some nice looking seats from what I can see in the pic.

No idea, but I'd bet money its overdue. Was planing on catching up on that stuff before I start using it regularly. Going to try and figure out this little wobble first...and paint the wheels black of course

Was dark and cold by the time I got home last night, but one obvious problem is the outer tie rod end on the drivers side. Totally shot. I can wiggle and twist it by hand. Hope that will fix the shake. Also convinced the guy was running it on water only so a flush is in order and hope things aren't too rusty in there. I'll get a members ride thread going this weekend.