headers+manufold recall

Guest Jaype

Guest Jaype

Hi all. I`m new to the site. I heard the order day that I had a recall for my exaust manufold ( the bolts) so tomorrow I will phone the Nissan garage.

At the same time, I am thinking to buy headers to replace the old manufold while doing the bolts.

Does anybody knows what would be the best kind of headers I could buy.

For those who did the change, did you notice a big difference in MPG ( + or - ) and horsepower and the sound?

My path is a 1994 LE with less than 100 000 miles. Do I have a limited time for the recall.

Thank you for your advice

Jp

Its isn't an official recall, but there is a quiet type of deal where Nissan will replace them up to 100K miles. But almost nobody knows about it, and the dealer will play dumb and try to get out of doing the work for free. Your best bet would be to search around this forum and the web for info. on it you may be able to print up to harrass the dealer with. It would probably help if you're the original owner, and take it to where you bought it, but who knows. Good luck. You might also ask if there is anybody in your area who has successfully had Nissan do it.

As for the headers, there are 2 options. Pacesetters are cheaper but supposedly of lesser quality, while Thorley's are more expensive but supposedly more solid and better quality. Search the site for these topics, they've been covered a bunch.

Oh, and I'd pretty much guaruntee Nissan wouldn't pay for it if you try to do headers at the same time.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Use the search engine for the headers... there are alot of write ups about them. I just installed the Thorley headers on my '92 4 door..and they are AWESOME!!!

Good luck with Nissan!

Guest Jaype

Well thank you. I`ll phone the dealership tomorrow and find out .

If they could only change the bolts, I`d be happy with that. I could install the headers by myself ( and my buddy ) without breaking any bolts in the treads.

I will let you know what they say.

Jp

Guest Jaype

Finally, I phone the dealer ship this morning. Try as hard as I can but they don`t see a Recall on those bolt. Does anyone have had this recall succesfully repair by the dealership before?

Is it because you are in the states and Nissan Canada doesn`t recongnize that problem???

:angry:

I would have to find it, but when I bought my truck from the previous owner I had a notice from Nissan about the recall and that it was good up to 100k miles.

They largely don't do it anymore unless you know the guys that work there and they're willing to do you favors. It's quite a long time past the last of the 95 WD21 production dates, and they're simply not honoring the recall anymore. It's not profitable, ya know?

I tried to get Nissan to do my manifolds...with no luck. I finally just completed the job myself this week. Nissan were sympathetic..but said there never was an official recall on my '92 Pathy.... go figure.... lol

Guest Jaype

Well I'm not lucky with that one. I am thinking about doing it by myself this summer.

But woulnd be easier to do a body lift first? I found some used 31`s at the garage.

I guess it`s a good start to begin with.