P0325 knock sensor

rc_cola_j

Hey guys,

My 2000 pathfinder is throwing this code (p0325) on a regular basis. I've been driving around with my code reader attached and clearing it as I drive under different conditions. Sometimes it comes back right away and at other times (accelerating mostly) it doesn't come back until for several minutes.

The vehicle drives fine, although fuel mileage seems a little worse. I'm thinking this is because the ECU is detecting the code and regarding the timing.

Anyone have an experience like this? I want to check everything I can before committing to taking the upper manifold cover off to get at the sensor. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Knock sensor relocation described on the Nissan Fronteir forum. runs great no issues.

This is your best option. I replaced it the "proper" way on my xterra and it was a pita. It is S/C though so the knock sensor is important.

Are you sure you don't have any lingering issues that could be causing the code?

This is your best option. I replaced it the "proper" way on my xterra and it was a pita. It is S/C though so the knock sensor is important.

Are you sure you don't have any lingering issues that could be causing the code?

That's is what I'm trying to figure out before i take the UI manifold off or do a relocation. I'm hoping you wonderful folks can offer suggestions as to what other lingering issues may be causing this.

I am having an issue with the EGR valve. I believe it is sticking open. I was experiencing a rough idle once the vehicle warmed up and after it was driven a little. Disconnecting and plugging the EGR vacuum line solved this problem......strange this is I wasn't throwing any codes related to the EGR system. Am waiting on a new EGR valve at the moment.

Back to the knock sensor code......what other issues could be causing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk