New member from Orlando, fl

Demonpath03

Hey peeps...I'm Eric from Orlando, fl and I just recently picked up a 2003 pathfinder se 4x4 :) I'm a former jeep owner sold my 2011 wrangler unlimited lifted on 35s for this pathy cuz of a baby on the way. Hoping to meet some ppl on here to wheel with dfb009a5c341d98eec60481c97ca8104.jpgcaeef2221754cf50b96864db4d153ae7.jpg77762445d5cae5bf7ab1d907d73e9372.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

That they do.

I had an 08 2-dr...and well, let's just say it's not easy getting a car seat back there. I was able to convince the wife that the kid will just not get to experience the Jeep for a while. A few months after the baby was born...another on the way. The 1st-born rode in it exactly once...on the way to the dealership to trade it in.

It was fun a ride though. My favorite part was taking the doors and soft-top off. Wasn't a Rubicon, but had all the Rubicon parts except the lockers, 4L gears, and sway bar disconnect. Was even a 6-speed. Fun truck...just wasn't very practical. My Pathfinder is also more powerful, faster, gets (slightly) better mileage...doesn't have hood flutter, and the doors stay open. But I kind of miss it too...

• Like 1

afd880799c55d7fa8df444121962e22f.jpg

Mine was a 2011 4door...we could fit a car seat but being 7.3 over factory height made it difficult to get in for my fiancee...whoever buys it will get a sick rig...

Wow, yeah that would be very tough parting ways with that. Mine was a lot tamer, but prior to the kids, the next upgrade was going to be the Auburn Gear ECTED locker...e-locker and LSD in one unit. Yes please!

What plans you got for this one? As you've probably already discovered, you've got a lot less options for upgrades.

Well this one has to be family friendly...but thinking a 2 or 3in lift with the new bf Goodwrench KO2 all terrains...I've got detailed pix on a custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier...already got the roof rack...front bumpers that are available are really expensive so thinking of a way to mount a winch behind the factor bumper and retain my pushbar

Gotcha. Yeah, I was eyeballing the KO2 also (ran the KO on the JK, loved them) until a recent off-road trip prompted a full replacement of whatever I could find within 100 miles of nowhere!

For the front bumper, I'm toying with that idea as well. I've got an extra bumper and bumper cover in my garage, and judging by things, the most useful depth in front of the radiator is pretty much where the bumper is, so it's getting cut one way or another. Another member here did something like this a while back, and with good results, but the pics have since been removed (still cached in a Google search, though). Let me know if you want me to get some pics of things so you don't have to remove your stuff (not that it's difficult to do, though).

I would appreciate any pix you've got...working on a jeep was easy...these pathfinders seem to need a bit more finesse...

No sweat, I'll see about getting some up.

It's actually not bad working on these. The rear suspension is the same type as the JK/U; the front...well, very different, but not difficult by any means. Differential work is easier since both diffs can be removed from truck and completely set up on a bench. Being a unibody, or course, you lack the ability to secure things (sliders, bumpers) to a frame with relative ease without considering other structural integrity items. I hear changing the starter is a PITA (I have a few inches more clearance on mine, so maybe it won't be as bad for me when the day comes). Engine bay is a lot more crowded than the 3.8L. Radio upgrades are easier because it's not integrated with a CAN-bus system, but a little tougher to run other wiring because of all the plastic trim vs. just pulling back the carpet, opening velcro, firewall access, etc.

Anyway, some food for thought!

How hard is it to do a simple lift? The front is strut towers...I was looking at lift kits and they are very expensive...I just want a spacer lift

For a spacer lift, you'll need to disassemble the strut in order to press out the upper mount studs to replace with longer bolts. The only exception is the KrFabs 4" SFD kit, which the spacer re-uses the OE studs, and then uses another set of bolts to attach the spacer to the unibody. Lift springs would be the better approach, since you're already taking apart the strut, and with the KrFabs kit, you still need to lift the rear. You can get an OME spring lift at all corners for much cheaper. Anything beyond 2" of lift, though, and you'll need to start thinking SFD.

I do have experience working on the vq35de engine

Good deal. Yeah, it's a pretty common engine in the Nissan fleet. I really like the engine...a major improvement over the Jeep's...but it's definitely more sensitive in terms of engine management. Mine seems to run really well often...but then there's some totally random event that cripples things. Just the other weekend, I put nearly 700 miles on it in one day, with offroading, 100° heat, stops/starts...flawless. Then just the other day, towing an empty trailer and getting on the freeway, camshaft sensor throws a code and it won't accelerate to 40mph...cleared the codes (glad I had my scan tool in the truck), and it's like nothing happened!

Yep, easy to lift, just not many options. I run spacers, OMEs, and an SFD of my own design. I've gone through a few suspension iterations along the way, along with some drive train upgrades a few months ago.

• Like 1

I ran a frankenlift on my jku so I'll probably do a similar type with a mix of different things...the spacer lifts are pretty cheap I've noticed

Yeah, they're not too bad. I run a 3" stack (2x 1.5") up front, and 2" in rear (1x 2").

Here's the skinny on spacers: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/40776-1-inch-strut-spacers/?p=763539

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, and nice cat! :D

Admins if you could delete this double post...Idk why this happened

Crapatalk, as we know it here is why it happened. It'll show an error making you try to post again, meanwhile, there was no error and it already posted once. Just post and refresh, you should see the results...

Neat Jeep! While you can get a Pathy that tall and built, it takes some finesse and effort and would put you right back into 'cant have' territory. A 2-3" lift is actually quite cheap and easy as you have discovered, and the R50s wheel much better than they look like they should. Steve of 4x4design is a stand up guy who backs his product and takes pride in his work. You won't go wrong ordering parts from him. :aok:

B

aa593e0796a292f0f3507ca1fa76ce66.jpg

thanks!!

Thinking of the 2in lift so that I'm not worried about the cvs binding up at droop...I just got a simple trailer hitch tire carrier...looking for ways to do a hidden winch but soo hard to find info on it. I'm looking at getting a set of all terrain tires and spacers.

Welcome, and nice cat! :D

Crapatalk, as we know it here is why it happened. It'll show an error making you try to post again, meanwhile, there was no error and it already posted once. Just post and refresh, you should see the results...

Neat Jeep! While you can get a Pathy that tall and built, it takes some finesse and effort and would put you right back into 'cant have' territory. A 2-3" lift is actually quite cheap and easy as you have discovered, and the R50s wheel much better than they look like they should. Steve of 4x4design is a stand up guy who backs his product and takes pride in his work. You won't go wrong ordering parts from him. :aok:

B