Weekend trip.

greenda3

9e21b3b025b579097df50a2af4bfd78f.jpgb700ff16b3702e3f58fbdcf818a982ea.jpgfe453a888be7f8df3eba71bc42939a5d.jpg

Got to do some hardcore wheelung this weekend. Lost a rear bumper and exhaust. Bent three wheels and a trans crossmember. And removed four or so logs off each tire. It was a blast and im going again next weekend! Better get wrenching!

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I tackled some level 4 and five trails. The wheels bend during a two mike long rock river bed trail. Lots of drop offs over 2 ft tall. Ill give tge pathfinders this: in all my years offroad, ive never seen a stock version go like this truck. I have 2 inch spacers and bfg33s. Thats it. Everyone with rock buggies and 60k dollar jeep builds thinks i some kind of wizard. Lmao. I do have lots of seat time driving serious rigs in some of the wildest trails but this truck is either magic or nissan was way into unbreakable design.

How did you bend your rims?

Are you sorry you procrastinated on that armor? ;)

What did you learn about the strengths and weaknesses of the Pathy?

Im kind of glad i have not built the armor. Now i know what i need and how bomb proof it needs to be. The factory gas tank skid took a beating but held up well. The rear control arms on the other hand not so much.

Nice! Looks like a good time. Love your truck!

The first time i took my 01 out it got ugly real quick with no way out of the trail but foward. Was really suprised with how well it did in stock form. So were all the jeeps, UTV's and dirt bikes. Got lots of stares at the top of a rocky, wet climb.

• Like 1

The lower control arms bend very easily...ask me how I know.

I've taken mine in some 4&5 rated trails as well, as long as you don't mind a little bit of body damage they hold up just fine. Where they start to struggle is large rocks, they are too long and don't have the approach angle nor front suspension travel.

Sounds like a great trip! You must have been hitting those drop offs HARD to bend 3 wheels :)

The lower control arms bend very easily...ask me how I know.

I've taken mine in some 4&5 rated trails as well, as long as you don't mind a little bit of body damage they hold up just fine. Where they start to struggle is large rocks, they are too long and don't have the approach angle nor front suspension travel.

Sounds like a great trip! You must have been hitting those drop offs HARD to bend 3 wheels :)

If in doubt, throttle out!! Thats why i bought steel. So i can mend em.

Hey greenda3, it excites me to hear of someone else running a basically stock truck with just 2 inch spacer lift and some larger tires as this is what I have been planning to do with my 02 LE for a while now. I'm in the middle of a complete motor rebuild then I want to lift her a bit but it gets pretty over whelming reading about guys doing SFDs and $1500 coil lifts etc. I think a 2inch spacer lift and large AT tires should be more than sufficient for weekend trail running and a long adventure trip across America with the Mrs. Did you have any trouble fitting the 33s? I will attach a link to the spacer lift I am considering, what's your opinion?

I tackled some level 4 and five trails. The wheels bend during a two mike long rock river bed trail. Lots of drop offs over 2 ft tall. Ill give tge pathfinders this: in all my years offroad, ive never seen a stock version go like this truck. I have 2 inch spacers and bfg33s. Thats it. Everyone with rock buggies and 60k dollar jeep builds thinks i some kind of wizard. Lmao. I do have lots of seat time driving serious rigs in some of the wildest trails but this truck is either magic or nissan was way into unbreakable design.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...