Best way to install aftermarket tweeters in stock location? Help

Bigredangry

Have you pulled off the a-pillar plastic to see if you have enough clearance behind the plastic and metal to see if the tweeter will fit? That'll tell you whether keeping it stock is an option.

Component sets usually come with brackets to surface mount and flush mount the tweeter. The surface mount brackets are what you want (it's usually just a flat thin piece of metal or plastic). You usually screw the bracket to a surface and the tweeter just snaps onto it.

The flush mount bracket is for drilling a larger hole into plastic and popping the tweeter into it; the brackets are usually just plastic cup-looking things, but this varies by design.

If I had to guess, judging by the picture, the surface mount brackets are in the bottom row, 4th pocket, and the flush mount brackets are in the middle row, 1st pocket left of the component speakers.

My tweeters are far to big to fit underneath the pillar trim. I surface mounted them over the grill on the pillar trim.

I might go back and drill a hole to 'flush' mount them....but they are too tall to recess all the way. I will only accomplish about half recessed that way.