Fleury's spacers with WJ rear coils

CDN_S4

Since I put on the SFD and cut my front fenders some more, I've been meaning to raise my rear a little bit beyond the 4" from the WJ coils without going to the 6" lift coils as that would be too much for the 4" SFD in the front. But since I usually carry my spare on the back, and with full camping gear, I wanted a bit more lift. Fleury's spacers from 4x4 designs are meant to go on the bottom of the coil. They do however also fit on the top. And if you are like me and kept the pigtail on the bottom and made an adapter for it, your coil will be cut on the top and have a very close to OEM outer diameter.

The install is pretty self explanatory. A bit of a pain in the butt since spring compressors are required and those are always a bitch to use.

Step 1:

Raise the rear and put the frame on jack stands to keep the rear off the ground.

Don't forget to place blocks in front of the front tires.

Step 2:

Remove rear wheel, disconnect the sway bar, or better yet, get rid of it!! (I don't use mine and I don't miss it). Disconnect the upper shock mount.

Step 3:

Put your jack under the opposite side of the one you are doing first. Raising it will cause the other side to drop and take pressure off the coil. OEM coils at this point could be pulled out, not the longer WJ coils. This is where the spring compressors come in. Get them compressed to the point where you are able to grab and pull out the bump stop. This is in the way and can be pushed back in later. You can either remove the whole coil as I did on my first try or just compress it enough to slide the spacers between.

ca5e9d84858b11b75f44418b4686b6a5.jpg

Step 4:

Take a spacer and slide it into its seat:

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/12/3a7c50def3dda790ddfd27a9fca850bf.jpg[/]

e1f5c0b1309f751913f415d7f306c14a.jpg

d13e4d2dd00ff920db53ea32caf5ecf9.jpg

Step 5:

Release the pressure on the coils and align them with the grove on the spacer.

f3bcc6d9b699d70c142f98febb1737c8.jpg

Step 6

Release the tension on the jack and level out the axle. Push the bump stop back in. This can be a bit frustrating but I found that some silicone spray and a screw driver got it done.

fa2cf54a42ee0257d90661d715d32024.jpg

c986b2d75247b105dc6cf751b5a83b0c.jpg

Before:

1d844e7cecce9bc035e85e92fee0aeb3.jpg

After:

ba835e69e7e91a29d266f5b39d7fb461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see how it holds up. May or may not remove the rubber isolator depending on how it holds up or if I manage the pop a coil out under full flex. Although that is unlikely unless I get longer shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of my rear coil spacers crack on me. When talking to Fleurys, he said they shouldn't be used with the rubber isolators as that adds excess pressure to the outside walls of the spacers when everything is compressed.

Also, if you are concerned about popping out a coil while flexing (You Animal!), drill a hole (and deburr) in the shock mount spring perch, and loop a heavy duty wire tie or two through it and to the top coil of the spring as a keeper. That should make the difference between driving, and chasing your suspension down a hill on foot... ;)

B

Edited by Precise1
  • Like 1