Performance Mufflers?

edta1

hardwaretoad..you are correct! i have been to a second shop who asked if "i did that"!! they couldn't believe either that it was folded so sharply...........so i am going to get it fixed by the new shop..the other shop was so cheap that i am not going to complain...what i noticed when i was chaning my fuel filter (horrible task by the way) was that the welds were beautiful..so i'll leave well enough alone..ps thanks for the advice!!! :aok:

Hi folks.

OK update here. I found a resonator from a local auto parts store. I installed it. The problem now is the exhaust pipe sits too high. Either I block part of the exhaust pipe with the bumper, or if I pull the pipe lower, it will rub against the bumper. Maybe rub is the wrong word..I mean press against the bumper.

What can I do aside from taking the whole thing out and returning it? :shrug: It was hard as hell to put it on. Can I find a pipe bender that can bend that? I tried bending it by hand (just a bit) but it won't budge.

Almost done now. Just got to fix this little quirk.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

weeelll, i just cut them there hoses and replaced w/new!!!

this summer's maint. includes the evap set replacement, and a new knock sensor with a plenum riser for the intakey-take!! lmao :lol:

i am getting close to 90k miles so that timing belt is soon!! :blink:

good thing i love the truck!!! (still LMAO) :rolleyes:

What can I do aside from taking the whole thing out and returning it? :shrug: It was hard as hell to put it on. Can I find a pipe bender that can bend that? I tried bending it by hand (just a bit) but it won't budge.

Almost done now. Just got to fix this little quirk.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

If you have a torch, you can heat the piping at the pivot point where you want it to bend. You heat completely around the piping and create a glowing ring...then if you have a long piece of metal pipe or something strong and sturdy...stick it in your exhaust pipe and start bending by either pushing or pulling depending on which way you want to bend it.

I had to do that when I installed my trailer hitch...my exhaust piping was routed right by the tow hooks so when I put the hitch on, the pipe had to be pushed out of way and ended up leaning hard on the hitch. I was able to move it over a couple of inches. Another option could be also to heat the hanger and bend that with some pliers.