Removing the passenger kick panel for AC blower motor replacement ?

colinnwn

Hi,

I'm trying to replace my AC blower motor. That 3rd screw for the blower motor is to where you can't get it out without removing the passenger kick panel, or probably even completely remove the fan cage. I've removed the plastic nut and the 1 screw for the kick panel. Something else is holding it on, either a clip or just a hooked molding. But I can't feel or see where. Does anyone know how to remove it? I've google searched and everyone just glosses over this. I didn't find a thread on here that covered it. I'm about to just pull it until it tears off.

Thanks.

I got a little more aggressive and managed to get it off without breaking it. Now I was trying to figure out if the fan is really the problem before installing it. I couldn't return it if I was wrong, but I could sell it on eBay. Unfortunately the old fan doesn't have significantly different resistance than the new one. I may have to come up with some jumper wires and try it direct to my battery.

Not a bad idea, but given how I saw it fail, I doubt that would be conclusive. It was running on 4. There was a burning electrical smell, and the fan slowly spooled down from high to low, and stayed low the rest of the drive. The next day when I tried it, it wouldn't come on at all. I have pigtails made up and am waiting on my wife to help me hold the old motor while I test it on the battery. If it does run, I'll do your test next. If that is the case, I suspect it is some kind of short in the fan switch that caused the harness at the switch to melt. I've found a couple instances of that with Pathfinders after subsequent internet searching.

Dont forget to change the speed resistor. 10 bucks while your in there for cheap insurance. I sealed up my whole box and cleaned the evap core and now my ac can give ya goosebumps at 102 outside. Well worth the contorted act of a 6'2'' 320lb man under the dash for two hrs. :)

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

I actually changed the speed resistor first, because it look burnt and I was hoping that was the problem. Unfortunately it wasn't, but I do feel better that it is fresh with a new motor. Where were you able to get them for $10? Mine was $29 from Courtesy Nissan, and the Nissan list price is $39.

Also how did you clean the evap core? Did you take the whole box out and apart? I tried to clean it a little once through the cabin filter opening, and it was near impossible to get anything but a few leaves out.