HELP!

JoeMama

Installing new water pump, can't get timing casing off because AC line. Do I HAVE to disconnect AC line?? I don't wanna loose my ac to install water pump, but AC line gives nearly ZERO play. I've got left side off casing(passenger side) but right side is tight against casing. I don't wanna break it, plz help.

Hello Precise1...I've read that page and it won't exactly finesse. I called a dealership, the mechanic said it's gotta come off, which means more money in this to 're pressurize and fill refrigerant. Lookin for another way. If u get any ideas, I'm all ears n tears lol. Thanks for hittn me back!

Can you take a picture of exactly where the interference is? I'll pop the hood on my own 1999 and see if I can't something that got missed...

Just a FYI though, the guy who did that write up is/was a Nissan Master Tech and I have helped with a timing belt change on a 1996 where we worked around that line, so I'm sure it can be done and I don't really believe that mechanic at the dealership.

Like I said, I'll take a good, hard look in just a bit.

B

My email is in my profile, that is fine. I'll just assume you aren't virusing me for all my gold... :rolleyes:

Sorry, I blew it when I was distracted by refi stuff today. I'll look first thing in the morning.

B

Precice1......I DID IT!!! And we probably have about the same amount of gold lol....your email was not in profile, I think cause I'm not full version, I can't see or do certain things, BUT....I got it!!. I had to unbolt the four bolts on the ac compressor drinker side of block. I got it all back together tonight. It helped I took a lot of pics as I was tearing it down. I'll do my fluids tomorrow, and have the moment of truth lol. Exhausted. Today I planted a juniper, installed some new base board and 3/4round, and my truck lol. You seem like a great guy, and I wanted to thank you for being willing to help in a great way.....uploading virus now, unless u just give your account number LMAO.....I'm just Josh'n. Like to add u as a friend if I'm able, if that's okay....just made a big slice of ham to celebrate(a hot pocket ALL day ugh)....again, THANKS!!

Sorry to post multiple times, was getting desperate for as much intell as I could get. What's R50? I'm going to stay connected to this sight, it's a fanatic source, I just gotta learn my way around and mean I g of things.

Sorry to post multiple times, was getting desperate for as much intell as I could get. What's R50? I'm going to stay connected to this sight, it's a fanatic source, I just gotta learn my way around and mean I g of things.

No problem, just learning curve and I get the frustration...

Yep, R50 is your model designation, years listed above.

unbolt the four bolts on the ac compressor drinker side of block.

That is exactly what I was going to recommend! Remove both top bolts and the bottom right one. Just loosen the bottom left and let it pivot toward the front of the vehicle; should give you plenty of room. I'm actually glad you figured it out first and are done, now I can focus on my work... :tongue:

I do see what you mean though, there is very little room between the hard line and the cover... almost touching. I wonder if they changed the part or at least the bend over the model years. I'll have to try to look up part numbers when I have time.

You seem like a great guy, and I wanted to thank you for being willing to help in a great way.

Like to add u as a friend if I'm able

Well, that probably depends on who you ask... :lol:

By all means!

B

My email isn't shown in my profile under MSN addy? :scratchhead:

Edited by Precise1

HA!! I had to do just that, removed bolts from ac drinker and Preston lol. I love my pathfinder, just wish it was 4x4 :( I don't feel right lifting it with bigger tiers, and I really want to :( you guys have been great....love the circle of pathfinder people lol....