Hello from quebec!

Lemay

Hi NPORA!

i've been a loooong time reader (for 6+ years now) but it's time to introduce my self i think. i was prety active on xperience4x4nissan.ca (formaly: club xterra du quebec) but it's nearly dead now. Its sad but i think alot of people has moved to the faceboog thing.

I've been aroun pathfinder from my born. my dad bought a 1990 Xe-v6 in 1990 just before i was born and keep it t'il 2003 when the boat was sell and my dad sell the path in same time.

3 years later i was buying a 1995 XE-v6 for using around the land of my dad friend. with no driving licence, no assurance you can't go to far lol

for my 18' i buy my first real DD, a 1995 SE-V6 leather full equip. with the safari green, best color with the dark metalic blue one.

For me Npora are infinite source of infomation, mod and repair how-to... Tanks to all!!! It's same me money countless time overs the years!

So far in my nissan fleet there are a:

1988 XE-V6 (probably the only one 2door still alive in the quebec lol)

1994 se-v6, trailer queen, 35' and alot of goodies

1995 se-v6 leather DD

My first 1995 wo got ''heated'' (burned) in fire of my friend paintshop 2 years ago

2001.5 infiniti qx4

2002 se-sc xterra

other are my 1998 E-Superduty extended with the best diesel engine in a ford ever.. the 7.3 PSD

and a ****** 2004 mazda 6 bought brand new in 2003 after the path that dad give me last fall (F**king piece of crap!!) lol

i know you love pic so there will be post this weekend :happy:

have a good night boys and girls!! :lol:

Edited by Lemay

Welcome to the Club!

Nice to have some other members from the province. I have to say that is quite the collection of vehicles. I'll have to see them some day.

tanks for te welcome!

i will snap recent picture this weekend for sure, it will make a nice family pic lol

I'm addicted to nissan... i think?!? :lol:

My friend here have fleet to, nissan and range rover p38.. lol (BTW : Range rover are awesome in offroad with the EAS, i really hate me when i think that i sell my ranre rover classic 1993 LWB, beluga black with SS push bar... i'm such a morron)

it's nice too to see other member from quebec, the fu**ing state of sodium chloride like a call it lol.

I dream the day they will call the end of aggresive chemical de-icing with such a costly and acidic salt and will do like british columbia does.... plowing lol.

for now, many of my truck are daily driver only the summer to escape killer rust who kill my 18' pathfinder 1995, i've run it only a year and half before buying the xterra, the frame was cracked and holes a begin to appear after the panhard bracket at the rear wheel, wich is pretty bad when you tow trailers.... lol

It's was sad but i was stessed alot by knowing that i drive a truck with a failling frame.

Only thing a drive in the winter are the mazda 6, the car i realy don't care if it's rust, a madza is allready rust bucket when it's leave the factory floor :lol:

the other, B/C quebec winter with no truck is impossible for me is my QX4 with 404 000km on odo!

I realy love the shift on the fly, the feeling, the powerfull vq35de, i was dreaming of this truck from my 16' lol

it's has made my supercharged xterra bite the dust on the power departement too!

i know you love offroad at NPORA so these are the specs of my 2 truck that se use in the trail,

1994 trailer queen:

a 1994 path SE-V6, blue cloth interrior

35 mickey thomson tire

header from DT, pacesetters? i don't know...

Big rear steel bumper with modified and odd welded front one from the PO.

Big transmission cooler, nearly destroyed the trans when i get it, have to let cool the trans each 30min during nearly 1 hours, the factory cooler was clogget for i don't know how long. Had to shift 2 time to R to get the reverse but i don't care it's still working and it's a trailer queen :lol:

T-case shifter jam in 4 low position... lol

D21 manual hob

3inch body lift

PO did 3inch body lift and some sord of lift.... crinked the torsion bar but put longer coil in the rear?!? so it's racked-up pretty good

he did a HID conversion too, but w/o changing the headlight so it's annoying for poeple on the front :/

A frame patch so many time, it's to far gone for me now to repair it.

And at 2500kg when i last stop at a balance.

The xterra, Rock rig, explo rig and towing bitch ( my 7.3 give me grief all the time )

use as a DD in the summer, that thing see stupind amound of weight on the hitch and trailer. Record last weekend 10 000 lbs lol... in a 10* assending slope (its indicated so i know it) the truck with 4 wheel lock was backing up when a was shifting to the low on the t-case! Scrarry moment for people with me but not for me :lol:

Got smell of burned brake for the first time too that day with a 9* descending curved slope that is verrrrrrry long (yeah i know it's stupid to tow this on gravel road with NO trailer brake)

So it's a Xterra 2002 SE-SC with 240 000km (owned from 119 000km)

1 ton leaf pack ( 4 big and realy thick leaf + the load leaf still there)

30 000lbs transmission cooler after the stock cooler! It's in front of the A/C rad so i monitor temp. with my hand realy easy.

Brembo front disk with adaptive one pad ( someone are using hawk pad here?)

skidrow skidplate, best thing when you play in the rock like a does ( i hate mud and water!)

Welded front diff (R200A) + nissan manuel hub (xterra one)

factory push bar that i realy use for pushing disabled truck and all sort of things

some other stuff, will probably intall a wd21 fuel tank to the rear of the X, i'm so much done to fill up the mere 70L tank each 2 yard.

weight empy: 2460 KG

Hooo it's not raining anymore, time to get out lol

Pav: i think your color is saffari green like me, damn that i love that color!!

Merci fleurys effectivement il était temps!! :happy:

Je sais pas encore ce que je fait avec le QX4, le derriere est sur les bumpstop le 3/4 du temps.... jai le gout de spring standart + fleurys spacer ou OME HD et MD spring. étant donné que ces pas vraiment pour la trail.... Mmmmm

fait longtemps qu'ont ces pas vue dans une trail!!

Edited by Lemay
  • Like 1

Yup...I love that colour Green. I've been looking online in BC for another clean one...this time a 5 speed. All the other WD21's I've had in my lifetime were manual and I miss not being able to shift gears when I want to.

I got lucky after years of looking for one without frame damage. The person that owned mine had so much rust proofing on it that it kept it together. I clean my frame once a year to make sure the truck will last.

pic time! :happy:

I was wrong, it's not a 10* uphiil slope that my wd22 was drag down by its trailer... it was a 14* angle.... lol

yeah, so difficult to find one with good frame. In the quebec it's stil possible but verry hard. Both my 1988 and my 1995 sapphire blue are perfect frame with virtualy no surface rust... but it take me 4 other wd21 to find this lol

The X

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

In my 31' hiway tire. For trail/rock i use my dragster tire (no thread left) maxxis bighorn 305R70R17 (34X12.2X17) on SE-SC rim.... remember that i have NO lift kit. Only many leaf in the rear and torsion bar adjusted but no to the max! Even with the front welded i am able to do relatively sharp turn and tight trail.

i don't know if other people put that big tire on stock suspension and a welded front diff.. i can say this : It's work very well and the R200a is plenty strong event if you bash it on rock and have a heavy foot like me!

The pro who welded my R200a was thinking it was for a rear diff of a american truck.... he was surprised when a say it a front diff for a little nissan lol.

He tell me with a diff like that no way i'm gonna break it!

pic with the 34'

DSC_0665.jpg

Edited by Lemay
  • Like 1

Pic of a normal load in back of my X

Remember that a P38 range rover like this still weight 3000kg (6600 lbs) that you ad to the 1000kg (2200 lbs) trailer, this trailer in pic is lighter that the normal uhaul trailer i use or the massive and overweight trailer of my dad friend.

I tow truck for hundred's of miles some time, the range i was picking up for my friend and the rock trail i do is 180-200+ miles from home.

It a steady pace of 3500-4000 rmp all the way and doing it for many years, with little modification to the truck... nissan little truck are mega-reliable and very surprising, it's amaze me everyday. i don't now alot of truck who can take this beating w/o failing apart.

Even people on the street and full size pick-up guys look me weird some time, but i just don't care :lol:

2014-07-11%25252017.35.41.jpg

2014-07-12%25252012.15.12.jpg

2014-07-12%25252012.15.26.jpg

2014-10-19%25252016.50.39.jpg

Pic of the trailer queen

See the odd stock front bumper welded togeter with the stock brush gard + with some more additional pieces.

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the QX4, my DD in the winter. Will be a trailer queen when the frame of my current trailer queen will quit me and will broke in halft in the trail lol.

Me and my friend love to do offroad in luxurious truck. The face of offroaders when the see a QX4 and a RR EAS on the trail is.... priceless. :lol:

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1836.jpg

Pic of the 88'

in process to get a new rad from my burned wd21, t-belt check and other tings.

got painted 3-4 years ago by me, and got all the leather seats from my first 95, all really bolt on. The seats in the wd21 era have the same mounting setup.

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

I got sapphire blue 1995 who i use the summer only, no pic for the moment but if someone want to see it, i will snap pic.

the 1995 safari greed, E-superduty and mazda, no pic too, and i think no one want so see this :lol:

Edited by Lemay
  • Like 1