Recommended for pressure

fearkobe

Hello I have a 00 pathfinder se and I bought some used bridgestone dueler HL alenza 235 70 16 was wondering what would be the right tire pressure? Right now I have 38 psi. The door says 26 psi but that's with the original stock size 255 65 16. Thanks

What load rating is the tire? Just cause you changed the tires doesn't mean you changed the weight if the vehicle. I run 33's, that are load rating C, and set them at 30psi to give me a good tread pattern and doesn't feel squirrelly.

• Like 1

I would stick to near factory pressure. Your change in tire didnt really change a whole lot. I would try 30psi and see how it drives and how the tires "squat". You can try varying the tire pressure over a couple of tanks of gas to see what works best.

I'm normally around 30-35, but find that bumps in the road feel like hitting the rim, knowing they don't but the impact almost feels just as hard so I went down to 28 PSI and its such a nicer softer ride. It will help prevent other parts from wearing out or breaking before their time. Yes it's a bit more squishy and I might suffer a little bit in the gas mileage department but for now I'm running with this and I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should work fine, but do this for peace of mind. Get some chalk, mark well across the tire and drive it in a straight line for a hundred (or more) yards. If it wears off at the edges, you are under inflated, in the middle is over inflated, even wear means you are in the correct zone and after that it is just ride and cornering preference as there will be an acceptable range.

I usually run 28-30lbs and get a decent balance of wear and ride. Remember that tires heat up when driving, especially with high ambient temps; it is 90 degrees out now and the concrete is uncomfortable to stand on barefoot. The tires have to deal with this increase as well...

B